Series Producer, Wild Metropolis
Wild Metropolis is a BBC Two/PBS/BBC Worldwide co-production. 3 x 60’. Delivering in Autumn 2018.
Human cities are the latest habitat to hit planet earth – and an amazing array of animals are responding. They are adapting to this new world better than we could have predicted, applying their natural born skills and abilities to life in the city. Be they physical or behavioural adaptations – the results are amazing. This blue chip mini landmark series will reveal those remarkable animals that are doing exactly that. And we will see our much-loved and familiar cities through their eyes, and therefore in a whole new way.
We are looking for a Series Producer to deliver this series.
The main responsibilities for the SP will be to deliver a stand out blue chip mini landmark series for BBC Two, building on the success of episode 6 (Cities) of Planet Earth 2; managing that ambition realistically within budget and schedule; managing a team and supporting them to do the best job they can; creating a well-oiled and productive relationship with BBC commissioning, PBS executives and BBC Worldwide.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a Series Producer, approx contract being from April 2017 to Oct/Nov 2018. Ideally, the successful candidate will have…
- Experience of managing and running successful production teams
- Experience of working closely with BBC commissioning and co-production partners
- The daring to think huge editorially and the pragmatism and cunning to achieve it
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, including managing tight schedules and budgets
- Experience and ability to turn complex natural history stories into compelling television
- Excellent storytelling skills and ability to write engaging scripts for factual television
- Experience of using various camera technologies to bring stories to life
- Experience of running multiple edits simultaneously and juggling commissioning demands
- Proven creative visual flair
- Ability to create a unique style
- Experience of producing blue chip content for BBC TWO is an advantage
Full time Fixed term 18 mth contract
Approx start date April 2017 to Oct/Nov 2018.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.