Social Media Executive, BBC iPlayer
BBC iPlayer is one of the BBC's most well known services, changing the way in which our audiences can consume all of the BBC's products across various platforms.
We are now looking for a talented Social Media Executive to join our iPlayer team, delivering an engaging and consistent social media experience for our audiences, as well as setting, delivering and driving iPlayer's social media strategy.
- Support the Social Media Manager in producing creative briefs for internal and external digital production teams employed to develop social media campaigns and to lead this work from end-to-end ensuring collaborative relationships between multiple stakeholders
- Provide creative planning and idea generation for social media content and campaigns, with the guidance of Social Managers and other relevant social roles.
- Produce digital assets (images, gifs, video) that can be used across social media platforms, using relevant audio/video hardware, native social platform tools and relevant multimedia software (such as Adobe CS).
- Work closely with digital production teams to ensure optimised assets are produced for the social accounts
- Optimise digital assets for social, including editing aspect ratio and dimensions, adding captions, transitions, motion graphics etc.
- Produce copy that is optimised for social platforms and formats, in line with the account’s approved style guide and tone of voice.
- Supporting and where necessary, acting as the editorial lead on social media platforms
- Support the Social Media Managers/Coordinators in generating, curating and owning conversations on the channel’s social media accounts in line with the agreed social media strategy.
- As agreed with the Social Media Manager, and within contractual weekly hours, work out-of-hours shifts (evenings and weekends) to ensure that social activity supports programme priorities.
For full remit please see attached full Job Description below
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone with a good record of creative achievement and driving creative innovation. You will be an excellent communicator with experience of developing relationships with senior stakeholders. You will have previous experience of running successful social media campaigns and accounts, either from scratch or inherited. You will be able to work across the different social media platforms. You will have experience of designing and editing videos for social media platforms which will appeal to our target audience and increase our engagement with the audience.
Aside from the above mentioned skills and experience, social media is a vibrant, new way of connecting directly with audiences, and creative flair, enthusiasm and passion for audience engagement really help!
Fixed-term contract until 31st March 2019
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
The BBC is currently implementing a Career Path Framework which will result in employees being aligned to generic job titles and job descriptions. Consequently, successful applicants may be realigned to a slightly different job title shortly after joining the BBC.
The BBC is committed to redeploying employees seeking suitable alternative employment within the BBC for different reasons and they will be given priority consideration ahead of other applicants. Priority consideration means for those employees seeking redeployment their application will be considered alongside anyone else at risk of redundancy, prior to any individuals being considered who are not at risk.