Software Asset Manager
The Service Information and Support team works across a number of disciplines to allow Broadcast and Online Service Management to deliver services of a high standard to the BBC. Accountable for the Technology Service Desk provision and associated processes, plus Software and Hardware Asset Management and compliance, it is a multi-dimensional team with responsibility for the way in which services operate and the way in which data and information is used to support service delivery
The Software Asset Manager will be part of a team working to ensure the BBCs compliance position across all areas. They will be responsible for the accurate compliance of software, responding to both vendor and internal audits within expected timelines. They will have a responsibility for the re-harvesting and appropriate procurement of licenses to ensure not only compliance but cost efficiency across the BBC. They will need to be experienced in completion of vendor audits, including major suppliers. They should be IAITAM qualified with ITIL qualifications desirable.
As a Software Asset Manager, you will:
- Administer the tools and technologies as required to support recording of license entitlement and re-harvesting.
- Support SACM / SAM in the population of the CMDB and auditing to maintain accuracy
- Respond to queries on entitlement, process and governance via the compliance mailbox
- Support vendor entitlement audits as required
- Govern and support the processes for SACM and SAM
- Maintain Configuration Items naming conventions, identification standards for object types, environment, processes, etc
- Manage agreed interfaces with the Change and Configuration Management team and other users of the CMDB
- Management of libraries, toolset and data, ensuring housekeeping and maintenance is undertaken
- Work with governance, performance and reporting to ensure suitable data and status reports are produced on schedule
- Be responsible for implementing service asset management policy and standards governing and ensuring maintenance and integrity of the service asset and configuration information including Items required to deliver technology service, including their relationships within a Configuration Management Database.
Please refer to the Job Description for more information.
The Ideal Candidate
- IT Asset Management and Discovery Tools experience
- Conceptional knowledge of Information Technology
- Definition and oversight of the governance structures and developing/delivering policy and processes for managing the enterprise computing software asset lifecycle and supporting procurement.
- Identify and appropriately manage software non-compliance issues in accordance with the firm's IT policy
- Ability to articulate, formulate, measure and promote the value delivered as a result of governance of IT Software Assets
- Experience interpreting licensing terms and conditions
- Load/validation of software licensing/purchasing and license entitlement data into the organization's software asset management system/process
- Ability to lead/assist in the management and strategy of software vendor audits.
- Provide vendor licensing expertise to internal customers.
- Working in conjunction with the Application Owners to establish the end-to-end software asset management scope, service level objectives, roles and responsibilities, and inventory, and cost specific to their region.
- Partnering with key software asset management stakeholders, educating, negotiating, and influencing them on options and alternatives
- Competent Influencing the strategic development and daily operation of the organization's software asset management processes and systems and related (SAP, Microsoft, etc.)
- Identifying and implementing opportunities to optimize software licenses used in the enterprise computing environment.
- Development of policy and processes for managing the software asset lifecycle for software used in the enterprise computing environment.
- Developing and communicating enterprise software asset management policy, system and process governance reporting .With the Software Asset Management Lead, establishing the IT
- Definition of the governance structures; supporting and conducting audits of software licensing compliance (as necessary) to validate/prove the system/process effectiveness and accuracy
- Software Asset Management program development, implementation, and delivery
- Develop and maintain knowledge of software suppliers – eg, contractual obligations, key contacts
- Respond to and manage all software supplier audit requests
- Work with software suppliers to identify the most cost-effective ways of purchasing licences whilst ensuring compliance with licence agreements
- Provide support to the IT Service Desk in relation to all software requests/issues as appropriate to the role
- Formal ITIL accreditation (to at least foundation level) desirable but not essential
- Formal software licensing accreditation such as Fast Practitioner - desirable
Location: Salford / London
Permanent Full-Time contract
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for ambitious software engineers to seek new challenges and work on many different and varied products.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- A vibrant digital community – we have a strong focus on continuous improvement and engineering excellence. We host regular talks from internal and external speakers, and provide generous opportunities to attend industry events and conferences.
- A variety of technical challenges – we work across a wide range of platforms, languages and technologies; from the latest frameworks and open standards, to the newest devices and modern cloud platforms.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 25 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
The BBC is currently implementing a Career Path Framework which will result in employees being aligned to generic job titles and job descriptions. Consequently, successful applicants may be realigned to a slightly different job title shortly after joining the BBC.