TV Senior Producer - Arabic Service
BBC Arabic is the largest BBC World Service language service, providing news and current affairs on Radio, TV and Online to Arabic speaking audiences in the Middle East and beyond. As TV Senior Producer, you will take a role in bearing editorial responsibility for the day-to-day running of the programme production. You will primarily work on BBC XTRA, a flagship weekly TV magazine programme, which also goes out daily on radio. However, you may also be asked to work on other programmes.
This position would need to determine the content and running order of the programme according to the strategy set by your editors, guide and support producers, reporters and support staff from research to transmission and assign and brief Reporters and determine programme priorities. You will be responsible for the commissioning of stories, lead the operation of live and pre-recorded production and be responsible for a developing story, amending and updating material as required. This role will also require you to think through editorial problems, developing realistic alternative strategies and approaches, suggest new angles and formats on existing stories in order to treat them in a creative way and bring them to life for the audience . You will have the ability to perform at the microphone with or without a script, conduct interviews and chair discussions and be involved in the training and development of staff and make the best use of new technologies
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills and experience:-
- Full command and up to date knowledge of spoken and written modern standard Arabic, as first or equivalent language.
- Considerable relevant experience as a programme producer.
- Excellent independent and balanced editorial judgement.
- The ability to communicate effectively in a modern style adopting the appropriate tone.
- Experience of originating and developing creative programme ideas and of dealing with live, breaking stories.
- Ability to interpret complex stories for a non-specialist audience.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload andtowork flexibly.
- Understands the duty of care in general with regard to individuals wellbeing and in particular with regard to Health & Safety issues.
- A team-player with goodinterpersonalcommunication skills.
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Grade: Local Recruit
Contract: 12month Fixed Term / Attachment
About the Company
We dont focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. Youll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background
The BBC is currently implementing a Career Path Framework which will result in employees being aligned to generic job titles and job descriptions. Consequently, successful applicants may be realigned to a slightly different job title shortly after joining the BBC.