Technology Engagement Officer - Events & Knowledge
The Technology Engagement team is responsible for the dissemination and guardianship of BBC’s Research & Development’s ideas and knowledge. Our activity targets both BBC internal audiences and the broadcast and media industries to ensure that R&D’s innovations are showcased to the right audiences, at the right time.
The role holder's primary responsibility is knowledge dissemination and maintenance. This manifests in three ways
- Proactively promoting R&D's ideas and innovations to the BBC and the media industry through copy writing and events organisation
- Safeguarding the legacy of R&D's original knowledge by ensuring it is recorded, protected and accessible
- Guaranteeing that the department's external knowledge sources are renewed and maintained
The Ideal Candidate
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Extensive copywriting and events organisation experience
- Ability to understand implications of technology insights and make them comprehensible to non-technologists while being true to the underlying technology
- Good interpersonal skills, at ease communicating with different personalities
- Strong skills in specialist discipline, producing content in a range of styles, addressing different kind of audiences
- Strong planning skills with keen eye for detail. Able to deal with multiple projects in parallel and deliver each of them on time and to budget
- Ability to coordinate projects across people not line managed
It is essential that candidates read the entire job description including the appendix to ensure they fully understand the nature of the position.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC is committed to redeploying employees seeking suitable alternative employment within the BBC for different reasons and they will be given priority consideration ahead of other applicants. Priority consideration means for those employees seeking redeployment their application will be considered alongside anyone else at risk of redundancy, prior to any individuals being considered who are not at risk