Test Team Lead - TV and Radio
The TV & Radio Product & Systems Group in BBC Design & Engineering operate at the heart of the BBC responsible for the technology and digital experiences for the BBCs TV and Radio output. This includes flagship products including iPlayer, iPlayer Radio, Red Button and BBC Three but also the systems to allow our content divisions to commission, produce and schedule linear content. This is an exciting period to join the team as we transition TV and Radio for a digital world, competing against global players.
The Test team Lead reports into the Test Manager for TV &Radioand is responsible for leading the test discipline of circa 10 people embedded into agile product teams . Suitable candidates will have extensive experience in testing in an agile environment, experience of line managing across multiple teams and be able to drive strategic continuous improvement in how we approach testing on the web. The reward is playing a leading role in building the future experience of TV and Radio.
- Working to the Test Manager, the Test Lead will take responsibility for managing, leading, setting direction and coordinating test across a group of product test teams or a programme of work.
- Recruit, mentor and manage an effective software test team
- Provide test expertise to peers and colleagues
- Owning testing across complex, multi-team, distributed technology programmes
- Advocate and implement agile & lean development and testing principles to ensure efficiency of the test process
- Ensure automated tests and tools are used appropriately and are effective
- Define, lead and encourage continuous improvement of testing practices
- Work with other test leaders in the broader organisation to share best practice and standards
- Represent test when liaising with internal stakeholders and external third parties.
- Learn new technologies and keep abreast of existing technologies and help introduce them where appropriate
The Ideal Candidate
- Extensive experience of software testing designing and implementing test approaches for complex online products in a fast changing environment with rapid release cycles
- Experience of innovating in testing technology and processes
- Extensive experience of web technologies
- Effective leadership and collaboration inside and beyond the team. The ability to influence diverse and senior stakeholders effectively
- Delivery focused with evidence of driving efficiencies in delivery
- Leadership experience of testing and professional software development processes, in an agile environment
- Expertise in agile software development methodologies including behaviour driven development and test driven development
- Expertise in problem solving and providing creative solutions
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and comfortable communicating at all levels in the organization
- Recruitment, management and mentoring experience
- Relevant Degree
- Appropriate professional software testing qualification
- Experience of talking in industry forums, interest groups or blogging and other broader industry engagement
About the Company
We dont focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. Youll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background