User Experience Architect
Mid-Weight User Experience Architect/ Information Architect
- You dont just do web design. You design webs.
- Join a team that creates ground breaking user experiences on four screens: connected TV, Desktop, Mobile and Tablet) across 10 BBC products i.e. BBC Homepage, Sport , Knowledge and learning, iplayer and many more.
- You already have created outstanding user experience across different screens; mobile, connect TV. Tablet or desktop.
- You dont just want to design the best thing; you want the right thing for the whole audience.
Do you want to design for the audiences of tomorrow and deliver to the audiences of today?
- Contribute expertise and explain conceptual ideas to multidisciplinary project teams.
- Collaborate with other members of UX&D to produce sketched concepts, user journeys, wireframes, and navigational prototypes that reflect user needs.
- Produce user requirements, personas, domain models, ontologies, URL schema and functional specifications to make the design come to life.
- Develop the interaction elements of the user experience.
- Work with people across UX&D to advance the BBCs Global Experience Language.
This is a fantastic opportunity to come on-board a team that will allow you to vigorously pursue your own development. You will have the opportunity to mentor/ coach those less experienced, building strong internal and external relationships. Deliver ahead of expectations, taking ownership and accountability,
The Ideal Candidate
What you can bring
Hunger; get your teeth into some delicious new challenges. You have the opportunity to pitch your work to people from all sorts of backgrounds and youre the person in the room who is always fighting the users corner. Youre passionate about new technology and keen to develop the next generation of user experiences.
You should be comfortable applying your skills to whatever situation and keen to try new software and devices whenever they come your way.
You understand the user, and how they think about our content and the world around them. You can translate this into conceptual designs and advise on the data structures needed to make these concepts a reality.
You can deliver wireframes, user journeys and domain models, but know that the key to good UX is collaboration and shared understanding with designers and developers.