User Experience (UX) Designer
We design the BBCs amazing digital experiences, from apps to websites, from BBC News to CBeebies. We design the behind the scenes employee experiences to help make these happen.
In UX&D youll get to shape the tools that help people across the BBC unleash their full creative potential. Working together with users and colleagues, youll take a holistic, human-centred approach to help create a BBC thats truly fit for the Internet age.
As a User Experience Designer, youll work alongside designers, UX architects and design researchers in the Systems + Service Design UX team to give employees and partners the best possible experiences. That could mean working on enterprise scale finance or IT systems to Publishing systems that let journalists and producers create and publish content online, or Production systems for News, Radio and TV broadcasting.
Human-centred design approaches are a fundamental part of how we work. In this role youll be applying them in a pragmatic, problem-solving environment. Youll work closely with those across the BBC who use the systems you create, getting under the skin of the future of content production and ways of working.
As a member of BBC UX&D, youll join over 100 user experience professionals across the UK with a global audience, a range of thrilling challenges, and great learning and development opportunities.
The Ideal Candidate
For this role, you need to show:
- You do great design work across a range of screens, devices and contexts.
- You can communicate with people inside and outside the design field.
- You embrace change and new ways of learning and improving.
- You make sound judgements and are comfortable working through ambiguity.
- You keep track of time, plan your own work, and keep people informed in a timely way.
12 Months FTC