Web Developer (Angular, TDD)
BBC Future Media Platform is looking for an experienced, professional and enthusiastic developer to join a world-class team responsible for delivering next-generation content management and content delivery tools.
CPS is the BBC Online’s main content production tool for BBC News and BBC Sport – as well as many other Online properties. The CPS consists of a suite of journalist- and editor-facing interfaces, as well as the services and components which power and support these. We’ve got new requirements to build a new UI (and more) designed from the bottom-up to meet changing editorial and product propositions. You could be part of this team at a critical time – at the start of a roadmap of exciting new tools for journalists.
- Design and implement web applications and content management components to specification that are efficient, scalable and well abstracted, using a mix of server side and client side technologies
- Write unit and functional tests using test driven development (TDD) and behaviour driven development (BDD) techniques to ensure code quality
- Liaise with product teams to explore and suggest appropriate technical solutions to achieve the required product features while safeguarding reliability, scalability and performance
- Work with all relevant parties on the deployment to the live site and all intermediate hosting environments
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience with front end frameworks such as Backbone, Angular and Bootstrap
- Experience of accessibility, usability and finding solutions to cross-browser issues
- Experience and enthusiasm for working in a TDD/BDD environment; a strong communicator comfortable with pair programming and collaborative working
Please see below for a full job description.