3rd Assistant Director– Talent pool
Working with the First and Second Assistant Directors, to assist on set or on location for productions.
- To assist in breaking down the script to ascertain props and other production requirements.
- To help secure services, facilities and resources as required by the production.
- To assist the production team with auditions for supporting artists and contributors, and to book them within budget.
- To order and distribute safety and first aid equipment and to order props and food for the studio.
- To assist with artists’ and contributors’ travel and accommodation arrangements, driving artists and contributors as necessary.
- To assist the Second Assistant Director during rehearsals such as to cue and prompt artists, to mark up and set rehearsal props and to stand in as required.
- To inform or escalate with the appropriate stakeholders when there are changes in schedule.
- To ensure health and safety issues and risks are mitigated and recorded in relevant documentation.
- To ensure that all instructions and directions are clearly communicated to artists, production team, craft and support services.
- Identify problems which have occurred, ensuring success is built upon and that learning is fed back into the production process.
Are you the right candidate?
- Demonstrates interest in the BBC and the wider industry.
- Has knowledge of the production process and an awareness of new production techniques and developments.
- Able to manage interpersonal relationships effectively and work within a diverse team.
- Interpersonal and communication skills sufficient to establish and maintain effective relations with a wide range of contacts.
- Experience of working in a pressurised environment.
- Demonstrates strong organisational and planning skills and manages conflicting demands to meet deadlines.
- Ability to use own initiative with assurance, using judgement to escalate where necessary.
This is a Talentpool for 3rd AD
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here