Reporting to the A&R Finance Manager, APAC, and working with the Senior Finance Business Partner, APAC supporting the Actuals & Reporting finance function, ensuring that effective reporting and controls are in place and managed to support a diversified and substantial business, delivering the period and year-end close processes for the APAC Region. Though line managed by the Finance Manager, this role will have additional accountabilities for supporting ANZ Production, reporting to the Head of Finance, APAC Production.
Scope & Impact
The APAC business covers 3 key territories – ANZ, Greater China, Asia - all with unique and rapidly changing markets, so will require open-mindedness, agility and adaptability to work in some of the world’s fastest-growing but challenging markets.
Strategic Planning & Decision Making
Point of contact for Actuals & Reporting for Consolidated APAC performance, ANZ performance, and communicating territory and line of business performance to colleagues and business stakeholders.
- Key local point of contact for ANZ Production team.
- Works with A&R colleagues to manage the relationship with the service provider to ensure accurate and timely output of monthly accounting tasks (including preparation and posting of journals, account reconciliations and other general accounting tasks) and reviewing the same to support the close of period and year end
- Provides analysis, interpretation and variance commentary of APAC results, liaising with APAC regional Finance Business Partner community, and presenting where necessary
- Supporting the Senior Finance Business Partner, APAC and A&R Finance Manager, APAC to produce monthly data for the consolidated APAC Group submissions, and periodic reports of territory performance
- Support operational leads by tracking actual spend against forecast, directing the adoption of new self-service tools
- Providing inputs for preparation of rolling cashflow forecast
- Manage and review fortnightly and monthly payroll process, being the main Finance contact to outsourced provider.
- Finance point of contact for ANZ Production unit; coordinate cost reporting with Mumbai Production Finance team, support business cycle activities such as budgets and quarterly forecast submissions; business partnering activities as directed by the Head of Finance, APAC Production
- In collaboration with other A&R team members, perform activities required to fulfil local statutory obligations for tax and audit filings – supporting Asia and ANZ, inclusive of:
- ANZ Annual Income tax and FBT returns, together with tax accounting entries;
- monthly BAS return and manage withholding tax process (who prepares/reviews)
- prepare or review IBM R2R team’s preparation of statutory accounts including supporting work papers
- Work with A&R team and external auditors to deliver on the annual audit process in ANZ, Singapore, South Korea branch;
- Company tax filings for Singapore and Korea branch entity, reviewing GST returns prepared by the service provider, and ensuring lodgement of the same
- tracking of all statutory obligations for the APAC region
- Provide technical training, support and advice to finance team members, and guidance on technical matters to business stakeholders;
- Subject matter expert for financial systems underpinning actuals reporting, sharing knowledge and best practice with local teams and building network across global finance community
- Continually review, recommend and manage implementation for improvements in business processes and systems;
- Provides adhoc analysis and assistance with regional and global business activities and projects
- Adheres to and helps to enforce and improve financial controls and accounting policies
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Strong technical accounting skills
- High level of competence in Financial / ERP systems – SAP S/4HANA and BPC (preferable)
- Provide quick accurate and insightful analysis
- Understanding of Production Finance models and methodologies
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to guide and direct the service provider
- Organisational ability
- Commercial acumen
- Analytical and financial modelling skills
- Proactive, self-starter
- A passionate commitment to BBC Studios’ values and vision
Professional Accounting Qualification (New or Partly Qualified)
- Financial and management accounting experience (ideally in a multi-national organisation)
- Previous experience of financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting, and business partnering
- Advanced Excel skills
Role: A&R Finance Analyst, APAC
Contract type: Fixed Term Contract - till end Nov 2021
Location: North Sydney
Closing date: 12 May 2021
You must have full working rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
About the Company
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.