***You must be legally authorized to work in the United States in order to be considered for this role.
The Accessibility & Fulfillment Coordinator will oversee the creation and delivery of master and ancillary assets for US/Canada Digital Distribution and BritBox, with a strong emphasis on captioning and subtitling for the hard of hearing. This person, under the direction of the Senior Technical Manager, will work to ensure that all assets are created to correct specification, on time and within budget for all stakeholder partners and clients (both internal and external). S/he will work closely with the Senior Technical Manager to assist in developing strong working relationships with all technical account support staff, both at partner platforms and at existing facility houses.
- Function as a skilled, central point of contact for the acquisition and management of all caption or subtitle (timed text) assets required for editing, conversion and distribution to partners and clients.
- Provide video editorial support in the creation of deliverable media with the ability to perform basic video and audio formatting, and asset packaging and preparation.
- Carefully update and maintain a sprawling archive of timed text assets, including ingest of such assets and associated metadata into local media asset management (MAM) systems.
- Quality control of all assets and media created for delivery and the ability to trouble-shoot any rejections reported by partners.
- Work closely with team members to ensure all timed text projects are current and accurate to deals and contracts in flight, and adding or removing titles and their associated details when needed.
- Engage in maintaining relationships with external facility houses, acting as a liaison to successfully shepherd timed text assets through the fulfilment process, and take responsibility for the final product delivered.
- Keep key stakeholders informed of the latest delivery schedules and any potential sales pipeline delivery bottlenecks.
- Maintain consistent communications with counterparts in London and in other North American locations, and assist in performing allied work and asset creation in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technologies pertaining to the media, broadcast and digital distribution industry.
- Reconcile monthly invoices provided by current and any future vendors.
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position is located within the North America Operations Department and is responsible for providing support to all businesses within the North America and UK offices.
This job requires a keen attention to detail to ensure all deliveries are completed accurately, in good time, and to the highest possible quality. It also requires a high degree of organization to ensure all key accountabilities are properly scaled and scheduled to prevent workflow bottlenecks. Key candidates should possess a passion for user experiences and accessibility, and should be eager to gain broader knowledge of content distribution, digital streaming platforms and media operations.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proficiency in tools and software for video editing and diagnostics such Adobe Creative Suite, Avid, Final Cut, QuickTime Pro, etc.
- Strong interest and knowledge of the US Digital Distribution marketplace, preferably with experience in digital delivery, closed captioning, media accessibility and digital media.
- Familiarity with captioning software, XML and industry standards and regulations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including strong Excel and Word skills.
- Keen knowledge and interest in digital media and technology preferred.
- Ability to focus on processes with intricate and diverse details.
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Good team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- College degree.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here