Account Executive BBC Advertising
BBC Global News Limited (GNL) is the BBC News Group’s commercial subsidiary. GNL owns and operates BBC World News and bbc.com.
BBC World News and bbc.com are available in every country around the world, with the exception of the UK. BBC World News is the BBC’s most watched television channel, available in more than 450 million homes. BBC.com generates page views of more than 1.25bn each month. This traffic is made up of consumption of regionally editionalised versions of the BBC ‘s domestic News and Sport online services, plus readership of a number of online ‘features’ sites (in genres such as travel, technology and culture) which GNL produces itself.
The Account Executive supports the London Sales team in generating sales revenues for BBC Global News Ltd (GNL) Advertising products and services.
As well as developing business with existing clients, the Account Executive prospects for new business in assigned clients and agencies to identify new sales opportunities and secure additional revenues. The Account Executive plays a key role in campaign development, coordination and tracking, so accuracy and attention to detail are essential for success in this role.
- Support the team in achieving revenue target
- Prospect for new sales opportunities within assigned accounts and agencies
- Develop and submit proposals and pitches for new business within assigned accounts
- In agreement with the Account Managers and team, take responsibility for agreed sales activities within major clients
- Build on relationships with existing agencies and clients to secure introductions to other parts of their business and expand the network of contacts
- Plan and conduct telephone / face to face meetings with client organisations
Are you the right candidate?
- Media Industry and platforms
- BBC Channels and Ad products
- Research methods and sources
- Media industry & media sales
- Previous experience of working in agency / media owner an advantage
- Successful track record of achieving sales results and influencing senior managers to secure sales
Contract: Continuing (Permanent)
Location: London (Television Centre, W12)
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.