Based in Mumbai, the Account Manager would be responsible for generating new advertising revenue across our Television and Digital assets – BBC World News, BBC.COM, BBC World Service from an assigned group of clients in the West and South markets in India as well as the day-to-day management of key accounts and campaigns.
You would manage a portfolio of high profile and volume accounts, building and maintaining existing relationships and grow our share of revenue from renewal campaigns. We expect you to develop a business strategy to create revenue from prospective clients and be proactive when developing business.
Assigned markets for the role will include some specific clients or sectors across West and South India (both direct and agency) as well as full management of existing clients and new business across Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad, Chennai and Bangalore.
- Respond to advertising briefs from clients and pitches, and work closely with the wider sales team as required to develop options and propose solutions for media partnerships
- In addition to Television and Digital Sales, recognise and build a Content sales pipeline and portfolio under the BBC Storyworks banner from the region
- Spend a significant amount of time generating new business from an assigned group of clients, markets and sectors
- In line with regional strategic priorities, focus on building a diversified revenue stream from within the assigned territory to deliver large scale cross platform content partnerships, mid-tier display spenders and programmatic advertisers
- Collaborate across internal departments to identify relevant opportunities for clients and ensure pristine client experiences
- Develop a reputation among clients as a specialist in delivery of global media solutions.
- Establish key relationships with decision makers at clients and keep all organograms up to date and recorded
- Track performance of campaigns and key clients
- Track campaign planning and releases across Television and Digital agencies
The Ideal Candidate
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Advertising Sales and Sales Account Management, in the India media landscape – Television and/or Digital mediums
- Demonstrable ability to drive the sales process from identifying to closure and delivery
- Business sense and industry expertise with a self motivated entrepreneurial drive towards individual book of business
- Up to date with Industry trends, client and agency movements, new product developments and competition mapping to develop a reputation as a BBC ambassador and advisor with the team
- Keen eye in tapping opportunites from key sectors – Finance, Travel, Automotive, Technology
- Comfortable with productivity softwares - MS Office, Salesforce, Tableau
Contract type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Mumbai, India
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here