The Africa regional team represents a significant growth area for BBC Advertising. The Account Manager is focused on Africa based business and client management to assist in generating revenue on BBC.COM, bbcgoodfood.com and all BBC World Service and BBC World News TV sites for local, Pan-African and global digital and TV campaigns.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial Partnerships, the Account Manager works on current pitches to key clients, liaise with StoryWorks and the sales team to generate advertising revenue. In addition, the Account Manager will provide support to advise on the client proposals, for all StoryWorks solutions.
Success in this role relies on a comprehensive knowledge of BBC Advertising coupled with a proven track record in managing clients and delivering on business objectives. Attention to detail and the ability to forecast and delivery accurate reporting are key attributes in this role.
- The Account Manager is responsible for generating advertising revenue from key African clients and as such is responsible for the day to day management of all key accounts.
- Under the guidance of the Head of Commercial Partnerships; respond to advertising briefs from clients, pitches and tenders and work closely with the wider sales team as required to brainstorm options and propose solutions for media plans.
- Input and Manage all SalesForce entries relating to African clients.
- Work alongside the Digital Sales Planner to identify relevant opportunities for African clients.
- Develop a reputation amongst the clients as a specialist in delivery global and African media solutions.
- Supporting the Head of Commercial Partnerships the Account Manager should identify all opportunities within the clients which can be upsold into a StoryWorks solution.
- Together with the Head of Commercial Partnerships brief the StoryWorks team on the opportunity for proposal completion.
- Together with the Head of Commercial Partnerships, compile and present StoryWorks solutions to clients.
- Deliver weekly and monthly reporting which track against monthly reporting, F0, F2, F3 and budget.
- Ensure accuracy of reporting and account for any change in submissions through industry and market intel.
- Identify key trends and shifts in the market and provide intel to Head of Commercial Partnerships.
- Work together with the Sales Planner to provide regular performance reports for clients and commentary on campaign performance. Where relevant, upsell new solutions.
- Where relevant, involvement in industry events.
- Establish key relationships with decision makers at clients and keep all organograms up to date and recorded.
- Develop a weekly meeting plan to ensure all stakeholders and decision makers at clients are across all our opportunities and ensure BBC is front of mind in all planning.
- Along with the Head of Commercial Partnerships track performance of campaigns and key clients
Meet / exceed all performance objectives
- Keep up to date with industry trends, new product developments and the competition to develop a reputation as a digital ambassador and advisor within the regional team.
- Assist with event tickets, conference management, flight bookings and client RSVP’s for BBC hosted events.
Are you the right candidate?
- Successful previous experience as an account manager, consistently meeting or exceeding targets.
- Committed to continuous education through workshops, seminars and conferences.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
- Strong business sense and industry expertise.
About the BBC
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world, In 2015/16, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of £133.8M and headline sales of £1,029.4M and returned £222.2M to the BBC. Comprised predominantly of the non-English speaking world, our Global Markets business encompasses Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMA), Asia and Latin America. Business activities range from TV sales and channel operation to production and intellectual property exploitation.