Accountant - Corporate Tax
An exciting opportunity for a UK Corporate Tax Accountant has become available at the BBC
Accounting and Reporting is at the heart of the BBC’s Finance function, delivering an integrated, sustainable and high quality accounting and reporting service to our business and Finance customers at the right level of cost. You will be responsible for leading the core tax accounting and compliance processes of BBC Finance, ensuring an effective, high quality and consistent delivery operation, and developing/embedding a culture of operational excellence and continuous improvement within the finance teams.
Within this role you will manage development and maintenance of compliance processes to ensure that the BBC Group meets its statutory obligations in respect of corporation tax in the UK.
The key responsibilities of the post holder are:
- Preparation of annual UK corporation tax computations for the BBC Group entities
- Responsible for quarterly corporation tax forecasting and reporting, including calculation of corporation tax payments on account and managing the group payment arrangement.
- Preparation of tax provisioning calculations at UK entity level for statutory financial statements and for BBC Group consolidations under IFRS, FRS101 and FRS102.
Are you the right candidate?
- Professional accounting and/or tax qualification – ACA, CTA or equivalent.
- Corporation tax experience, including the preparation of returns in a complex environment with multiple company codes.
- Deferred tax experience and the preparation of notes to the Annual Report and Accounts.
- Up-to-date knowledge of UK direct tax law.
- Ability to explain direct tax concepts to finance team members.
For this role / Ar gyfer y swydd yma:
Welsh language skills are not necessary / Nid yw sgiliau yn yr iaith Gymraeg yn angenrheidiol
Applications may be submitted in Welsh, and an application submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English. / Mae modd cyflwyno ceisiadau yn Gymraeg, ac ni fydd cais a gyflwynir yn Gymraeg yn cael ei drin yn llai ffafriol na chais a gyflwynir yn Saesneg.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 25 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here