Finance Central is at the heart of the BBC’s Finance function, delivering an integrated, sustainable and high quality accounting and reporting service to our business and Finance customers at the right level of cost.
- Undertake the monthly reporting of financial performance, in addition to other reporting to stakeholders
- Devise and manage appropriate reporting models and templates that provide insightful and relevant analysis, suitable for decision making
- Take responsibility of month end and annual accounting processes, managing this from start to end and working with a range of stakeholders
- Provide professional financial support to a range of stakeholders, effective control of financial processes and delivering operational excellence.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have strong analytical skills and be fully qualified with a professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA, ACA, CIMA). Financial Reporting and/or management accounting knowledge and the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, both within Finance Central and with the other divisions is especially important in this role. You will be required to operate independently but effective team playing is also important due to the nature and size of the Finance team.
- Qualified professional accounting e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence.
- Experience of advanced excel and modelling skills, in relation to key finance information including budgets and forecasts.
- Ability to manage senior stakeholders including explaining complex data / principles to non-finance professionals.
- Knowledge of the theory and practical application of accounting principles and controls, with experience of consolidation adjustments desirable.
Contract type: 1 x 15 month fixed-term contract and 1 x 12 month contract
Location: Flexible with travel to Cardiff two times a week
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here