Testing and Implementation Manager, BBC Global News
This role sits within BBC Global News Ltd’s Business Development and Innovation team, based in London.
BBC Global News Limited (GNL) is the BBC News Group’s commercial subsidiary. GNL owns and operates:
- BBC World News (a 24 hour English language news and current affairs channel) and
- BBC.com (the BBC’s online news and features website and associated apps)
BBC World News and bbc.com are available in every country around the world, with the exception of the UK. BBC World News is the BBC’s most watched television channel, available in more than 450 million homes. BBC.com generates page views of more than 1.25bn each month. This traffic is made up from versions of the BBC‘s domestic News and Sport online services, plus readership of a number of online ‘features’ sites (in genres such as travel, technology and culture) which GNL produces itself. Combined weekly reach of GNL’s services is 115m people outside the UK, accounting for one third of the BBC’s total international audience.
The purpose of this role is to support the advertising technology team in testing and implementing advertising initiatives across a range of BBC real estate.
The ideal candidate should have technical experience within an advertising business, working in ad technology or ad operations.
- Assist the Head of Digital Platforms in assessing, testing and implementing new suppliers, across formats, programmatic, adserving, data management.
- Helping to produce internal support/process documentation on new commercial opportunities
- Liaising with Pricing/Inventory and Development teams to QA and launch new opportunities
- Support and troubleshoot technical queries
- Support the marketing team in distributing email campaigns
- Ad hoc tasks on request
Are you the right candidate?
- Familiarity with JavaScipt, HTML and CSS
- Experience of using or interest in adservers (e.g. DFP), Data management platforms, programmatic systems, CRM and data visualisation tools, (Tableau)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in the advertising/media industry
- Ability to multitask and efficiently manage time and priorities
Continuing (permanent) contract
Location: BBC Television Centre, London W12/ New Broadcasting House, London W1.
Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in the UK.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.