Agile Business Analyst - iPlayer & Sounds
This is a rare opportunity to work as an Agile Business Analyst for one of the UK’s most iconic brands, BBC iPlayer. This dynamic team’s mission is to be the future of BBC television, setting ambitious goals over the next few years to double reach and quadruple viewing.
We are working on BBC iPlayer and BBC Sounds. You will you be working on amazing projects and cutting-edge technologies surrounded by a team of like-minded professionals from whom you can learn and grow
- Collaborate with project/delivery managers and delivery teams to ensure the delivery of the products and new features to a high standard, and within agreed timescales and budget.
- Responsible for the product’s transition to ‘live’ environments, including capturing and monitoring audience feedback and usage data.
- Helping to shape and define team practices and processes to continually improve agile ways of working.
- Research and interpret consumer usage and industry consumer trend data to contribute to the development of product solutions.
- Be at the forefront of emerging technologies and understand their relevance to the product, BBC and its diverse audience.
- Assist the product manager in defining the product goals and feature requirements.
- Collect, understand, own and communicate the requirements for products, projects, and features, translating these into user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Facilitate workshops including delivery and product teams to expose stories, identify acceptance criteria to identify a minimum viable product.
- Manage a product improvement backlog and work with delivery teams to keep it prioritised and up to date.
- Evaluate and investigate product solutions using a range of approaches, including researching competitor products and other BBC services.
- Work with the project/delivery manager & delivery team to size backlog items and ensure optimal flow through the delivery process.
- Collaboratively writing acceptance tests with the software development teams and test engineers, ensuring the delivered solution meets the requirements and agreed quality criteria.
Are you the right candidate?
- Experience working within multi-disciplinary teams delivering software projects within a variety of methodologies (particularly Agile).
- Experience in providing relevant data in order to support product decisions based on evidence.
- Ability to simplify complex problems into component parts and evaluate systematically
- Business analysis experience in an agile software delivery environment.
- Experience of running workshops.
- Understanding and experience of business analysis skills, techniques, and practices including writing user stories, acceptance tests and documenting technical requirements.
- Experience communicating concepts and ideas to stakeholders at all levels within organisations, including oral and written presentations, proposals and reports.
- Proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organisation, and in a variety of contexts
- Experience gathering, analysing and interpreting product usage data.
- Enthusiasm, curiosity and a desire to improve the team
- Knowledge or experience of multivariate testing (MVT) techniques to determine the success of product changes
- A strong interest in digital products, ideally TV platforms, applications and technologies
- Experience in and knowledge of web development, data-driven web publishing, social networking, TV technology, audio and video streaming, Mobile products and devices, content management systems, interactive TV and broadcast systems.
- Working knowledge of BBC output; editorial, compliance, and regulatory issues for the BBC
Contract type: Full Time
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here