Agile Delivery Manager - Platform
BBC Design+Engineering are seeking a talented Agile Delivery Manager to play a key software delivery role for BBC Platform Content Distribution Services (CDS), and form part of a world-class agile software development team.
Using cutting-edge, cloud-based technologies and working within a devops culture, Platform Content Distribution Services is the team responsible for publishing all of the BBC's online audio and video content, powering iPlayer, Sounds, News and Sport and other digital products - all at scale.
You will join a highly Agile, technical, fast-moving and motivated software engineering team who take pride and responsibility for delivering exceptional and innovative products. Your role is to ensure that delivery outcomes and quality goals are well understood, tracked and that our products are delivered to delight our stakeholders.
- Contributing to the successful delivery of Platform outcomes and to support a clear articulation, understanding and tracking of our delivery timeline
- Bolster already-agile teams to deliver valuable outcomes for stakeholders
- Promote a shared concept of risk, priority and quality, so that delivery outcomes are well understood and owned across the team
- Working closely with senior stakeholders, Product Owners and Engineering Leads to ensure sufficient priority is given to all delivery concerns across the teams
- To ensure that teams use data-driven insight to adapt and change their approach for effective delivery
Are you the right candidate?
- Will be experienced in delivering software digital products in an agile environment at scale
- Will be experienced in supporting multiple technical teams in a complex matrix environment
- Significant experience of working with multiple technical and non-technical team members to ensure successful outcome
- Working in the public service/public sector or working in projects with goals broader than revenue generation
- Technical knowledge and background
Contract type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Salford, Media City
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here