Discovery - Alpha - Beta - Live let's go!
- Are you passionate about empowering highly skilled individuals to achieve their goals and optimize delivery?
- Do you have a track record of supercharging teams to be the best they can be?
Buckle up, we’ve got a unique role for you!
So in this role you wouldn’t be overseeing the multi-disciplinary team, just a unique part of it, our wonderful User Experience & Design(UX&D) dream team.
You’ll embed yourself in the team and you’ll become a part of their DNA and their heartbeat. In UX&D you’ll get to work with colleagues that apply human-centred design to BBC’s amazing digital experiences, from apps to websites, from iPlayer to News.
We’re part of Design & Engineering, a division delivering world-class experiences to audiences across the world, and helping create a BBC that’s truly fit for the future.
In a typical day it would vary and be like so:-
- You’ll manage the delivery of best in class design work from BBC UX & Design by safeguarding team health, creating and optimising efficient delivery processes and supporting design operations initiatives.
- You’ll promote and nurture an environment of collaboration between multi-discipline teams (UX, Engineering, Editorial, other BBC products and horizontal systems)
- You’ll maintain and optimise operational ceremonies & processes - from agile task management, roadmap planning, running team meetings, onboarding new people & managing third parties
- Embrace working closely with Creative Directors and Heads of Design to enable the team to produce high-quality work and deliver on time into an agile workflow
- You’ve got your finger on the pulse; monitoring and managing the health and happiness of the team so they can focus on what they are best at.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of project/account management in a design/digital media industry or similar.
- Strong organisational skills, plus understanding and experience of Lean and Agile methods.
- Experience planning and delivering projects using design thinking approaches.
- You have experience working across multidisciplinary teams.
- You have experience managing teams and people focusing on team health, running retrospectives and improving ways of working.
Contract type: 12 month FTC
Location: London or Salford
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here