Agile Project Manager - iPlayer
This is an excellent opportunity to work as a Project Manager for one of the UK’s most iconic brands; BBC iPlayer.
You will be part of a dynamic digital team, who's mission is to be the future of BBC television, participating/facilitating in the setting of ambitious goals over the next few years to double reach and quadruple our viewing time across iPlayer.
You will you be working on amazing projects and cutting-edge technologies surrounded by a team of like-minded professionals from whom you can learn and grow.
Alongside opportunities to learn, grow, contribute and share lessons with a thriving and growing Agile delivery community within iPlayer and the wider BBC.
- Work with the ‘business or product owner’ and stakeholders to agree the project objectives (OKRs).
- Ensure the project backlog (objectives) is captured, prioritised and delivered by the Project team.
- To lead and co-ordinate the scoping, technical requirements gathering, estimating and planning for single or multiple projects or work streams
- Apply sequential and agile project management techniques to make decisions, solve problems and ensure quality of work done.
- Ensure shared clarity of scope, good estimating, solution development and management of risk and dependencies.
- To anticipate, manage and resolve issues, risks, dependencies and impediments that may impact on the delivery of your projects.
- Report on project progress in a consistent and timely manner.
- Work as an embedded project manager in a cross-discipline team comprised of software developers, testers, user experience designers, product managers, business analysts and subject matter experts.
- Work with multidiscipline teams to develop best Agile delivery practices; coaching, facilitating and leading the team activities as necessary.
- To act as a first point of contact for all problems, obstacles and opportunities on a project. Issues could include supplier dependencies, infrastructure and operational capability.
- Work with the team to ensure that lead/cycle-times are captured and look at ways to reduce at every stage of the development process.
- Co-ordinate the work of the cross-discipline team to ensure that the investment of time and effort yields the greatest benefits for our audience and the business.
- Lead the cross-discipline team through discovery, delivery and continuous improvement.
Are you the right candidate?
- Agile Experience (at least 2 years)
- Agile Skills (Working experience and knowledge of Lean methodologies is essential, Kanban and SCRUM are highly desirable)
- Digital product development experience is desirable. Working with iOS and Android is highly desirable.
- Working with digital teams (so demonstrable experience of continuous delivery principles and working with and delivering in Cloud technologies).
- Demonstrable experience of working with external third parties.
Contract type: Full Time
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.