Agile Tester - Manual or Automation (All Levels)
Renowned and loved throughout the UK and the world, the BBC has become a household name which delivers online content to more than 25 million people globally, and we are proud to say that we help make that magic happen!
We work with some of the UK’s most popular interactive services on televisions, shaping and implementing key functionality for the BBC’s iPlayer, Sport, News and Red button products. We are a dedicated team who is passionate about delivering quality services with a smooth and enjoyable user journey.
We are a highly collaborative team of engineers, testers, UX designers and product owners. We value our engineers, offering regular training and development opportunities, as well as '10% time’ - allowing dedicated time for self-improvement, learning and innovation. We take the time to reflect and improve on how we’re working through team retrospectives and mentoring. We’re a hard-working team who are supportive, care about each other, and promote a healthy work-life balance with opportunities for flexible working hours and a friendly working environment.
How we work?
We are an agile team and we do releases almost every day. We support this by making sure our testing is robust and that our pipelines are steadfast. We monitor our systems in production to understand the impact of change everytime we do a release.
We work in multi-discipline crews with Software Engineers, Testers, Product owners and Delivery, in a respectful and collaborative environment. We encourage a culture of team empowerment that supports self-development for each individual.
As a Tester you will be expected to:
- work with teams, shaping products and systems then planning and executing tests using the most appropriate test approach. Ensuring that the software delivered is fit-for-purpose in the planned timescales.
- ensure that high value is achieved from Test automation relative to the investment made.
- evaluate existing solutions and build new tools to support delivery
- find solutions when issues arise or when change is required.
- create and manage our Test Data, stubs and harnesses.
- work with other disciplines to integrate components into systems.
- validate the system as a whole to ensure it delivers the business requirements and benefit, reporting status against schedule.
- have an ability and willingness to determine when to automate tests
Are you the right candidate?
- Experience in Test with focus on delivering quality
- Good understanding of building and testing TV / Web / Mobile applications
- Excellent development skills and experience building highly scalable, full stack applications
- Experience of Agile working environments, pairing and working within a collaborative team
- Competence in translating product requirements into technical solutions
- Experience in building and improving automated test frameworks.
- Performance or security testing experience is an advantage.
Contract type: Full Time, Part Time, We're open to flexible working hours
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible workingweek for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here