Appeals Assistant, Trading & E-Commerce (BBC Children in Need)
BBC Children in Need are currently looking for a Trading & Ecommerce Assistant, based in our Salford Head Office, for a Fixed Term Contract.
This role is critical in the development of BBC Children in Need’s official merchandise as well as maintaining the charity’s Ecommerce platform. The successful candidate will assist the Trading Team by supporting all product development, running the Ecommerce site day to day along with providing operational and administrative support to the Trading team.
As the BBC’s UK Charity, BBC Children in Need exists to make a positive difference to the lives of disadvantaged children and young people across the UK. Our focus is on finding and funding the inspiring ideas that change children’s lives.
The Trading & Ecommerce Assistant will be responsible for managing the day to day operations of our Ecommerce and trading functions, assisting the Trading team with all necessary activities. This role reports into the Senior Trading & Licensing Manager.
The main responsibilities of the role are to:
- Maintain, efficiently operate and improve a range of office processes and administrative systems (including booking in, storage and filing) to ensure the smooth running of the team.
- Responsible for the logging, approval gathering and processing of all invoices and refunds ensuring all are processed by Finance in a timely manner.
- Act as a point of contact for internal colleagues and external stakeholders regarding product availability, ad hoc merchandise requests, distribution and purchasing. Processing and logging the internal and external orders for the charity as requested in a timely manner.
- Prepare documents, reports and other materials to a clear brief, using established formats and standard software as requested
- Any other duties, which are deemed appropriate to the role, which may be required to enable the team to operate efficiently.
Are you the right candidate?
The Trading & Ecommerce Assistant will have a proven track record of assisting a team and will have experience of analysing data preferably in an Ecommerce Retail environment.
To be successful in this position, you will need:
- To be very organized with an ability to prioritize your own workload effectively, to co-ordinate activities and conflicting demands and to ensure that tight deadlines are met.
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to work well with range of people at all levels.
- Ability to analyse and process statistical information. A thorough working knowledge of Excel and a desire to work with it on a daily basis.
- Proficient computer literate skills, with strong experience of office software packages (i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Some experience of website or E-Commerce Content Management System.
- Ability to use own initiative with minimal supervision and resolve problems and queries based on experience and judgment, escalating to others as necessary.
- Experience of distribution and stock tracking and communicating with suppliers and internal stakeholders is desirable.
- Some experience and knowledge of Retail and/or customer service is desirable.
Contract type: Fixed-term, 3 months
Location: Salford, M50
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here