BritBox is the fastest growing subscription video-on-demand service in the U.S. As well as the existing service in the U.S. and Canada, we are now expanding to new territories as part of our global expansion strategy.
The role is focused on the technical delivery of BritBox International Product objectives; acceleration of global expansion, increasing reach and revenue through commercial opportunities within existing territories and customer retention.
The Software Architect role provides the opportunity to be part of an exciting and entrepreneurial international team that values creativity and proactive problem-solving. We are seeking a highly-skilled, collaborative Software Architect to work across a variety of features and platforms within the BritBox product and help to build products that run at scale and have a global reach.
This role will have an impact on the product and how BritBox moves forward with the technology. You will join a team where everyone strives to better understand our customers and improve the BritBox product day-to-day. Typical indicators at this level are handling various responsibilities such as:
- Providing technical expertise and oversight on existing solutions
- Overseeing 3rd party application development and integrations
- Presenting benefit analysis of solutions
- Facilitating collaborative design sessions with developers and stakeholders
- Steering projects and designs to deliver best in class solutions
The Ideal Candidate
The Software Architect role would be well suited for someone looking to move away from Systems Engineering into an Architecture role.
This role has responsibility across some of the BritBox-owned apps (e.g. Apple TV), third party content syndication partnerships (e.g. Amazon Channels), and BritBox’s internal tools and systems that are required for business operations and growth (e.g. CRM, analytics).
Ideally, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Ability to communicate in-depth technical concepts to audiences ranging from Engineers to non-technical stakeholders
- Familiar with Agile working practices
- Exposure to native mobile and web engineering within a media environment
- Considerable Hands-on software engineering experience
- Significant experience in software design patterns and cloud based solutions (AWS / GCP)
Contract type: Continuing
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here