The purpose of this role is to support the wide range of activities and processes required to deliver the BBC Archives strategy.
It requires demonstrating high quality customer service to support the management of BBC assets, using a wide range of administrative and technical systems to support the movement and management of collections held within BBC Archives. It also requires working effectively and efficiently as part of a team to ensure Archives standards are met and improved.
- Providing administrative and technical support to Archives teams.
- Controlling circulation of material using various systems.
- Ensuring relevant delivery information is included with orders and that online systems are up-to-date.
- Meeting urgent delivery deadlines, particularly in relation to broadcast-critical material.
- Ingesting archive content on to electronic servers and uploading material on to shared folders.
- Dealing with enquiries relating to holdings and processes, and dealing with customer enquiries regarding, for example, delivery and despatch of material and resolving service recovery problems.
- Dealing with basic research enquiries.
- Operating technical equipment for copying, viewing and listening purposes.
- Maintaining collections in a tidy and consistent manner.
- Working as part of a pool to provide cover for colleagues during normal absences.
- Undertaking other duties as appropriate.
Are you the right candidate?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience or informed knowledge of archive processes.
- Experience of working under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Experience of carrying out basic conservation/ preservation tasks.
- Knowledge of procedures involved with the safe handling of collections.
- Excellent proven organisational skills with flexible approach to a wide range of duties.
- Methodical and accurate.
Grade 3 (Proposed Band A)
About the BBC
We dont focus simply on what we do, we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. Youll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.