BBC Finance are recruiting for an Assistant Accountant to be based in Cardiff.
The Centre of Excellence for Accounting and Reporting is at the heart of the BBC’s Finance function, delivering an integrated, sustainable and high quality accounting and reporting service to our business and Finance customer, and has a key part to play in enabling the organisation to deliver its strategic objectives.
- Provide reporting and analytical service including advice on financial and business policies and processes to all stakeholders and to deliver value for money
- Ensure that all accounts are reconciled and discrepancies investigated
- Identify and report all risks
- Provide advice to colleagues on relevant processes, policies and procedures
- Identify and recommend improvements to internal controls, processes and methodologies
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and internal control requirements
- Ensure that all costs are properly authorised and all invoices are properly certified
Are you the right candidate?
- Experience of working in a Finance function in a complex matrix organisation.
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Good verbal communication skills and ability to deal tactfully & confidently with all stakeholders
- Knowledge of the theory and practical application of accounting principles and controls
For this role / Ar gyfer y swydd yma:
(d) Welsh language skills are not necessary / Nid yw sgiliau yn yr iaith Gymraeg yn angenrheidiol
Applications may be submitted in Welsh, and an application submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English. / Mae modd cyflwyno ceisiadau yn Gymraeg, ac ni fydd cais a gyflwynir yn Gymraeg yn cael ei drin yn llai ffafriol na chais a gyflwynir yn Saesneg.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 25 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here