Assistant Content Producer, Digital Drama
The Network Digital Drama team create original digital content to support a range of priority dramas across the BBC. Examples of just a few of the dramas we produce content for include, Peaky Blinders, Bodyguard, Luther, Line of Duty and Doctor Who. The team is based in BBC Wales in Cardiff and works very closely with BBC Studios, BBC One and social teams across the BBC and with independent drama production companies. The team produces a diverse range of content including behind-the-scenes and scripted video content, animated graphics, social media campaigns and innovation projects such as games, bots, augmented and virtual reality projects. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic team producing award-winning digital content for a high-profile global drama brand.
- Originates and contributes to the production of high quality and distinctive content including video, images, graphics, gifs and text for digital and social channels.
- Works as part of the team to ensure editorial content meets audience needs and is consistent with agreed editorial style and tone.
- Supports the Producers by contributing creative ideas and assisting with filming shoots, planning, research and design tasks as required.
- Ensures all video content is accessible through subtitling or captioning to a high standard of literacy.
- Assists with filming shoots and the production of live events as required.
- Keeps across social media developments and latest digital and technical trends and innovations.
- Helps to build relationships with other teams across the BBC and with BBC Studios and Independent Production companies.
- As required, to work out-of-hours shifts (evenings and weekends) to ensure that social activity is consistent with audience behaviour and supports priority programming.
Are you the right candidate?
- Experience of working as part of a digital/social production team targeting audiences aged under 34 or experience of contributing original digital or social media content ideas for this audience.
- Experience of self-shooting. Confident working in live-production environments and experience of working with high-profile talent and contributors.
- Good knowledge of using Adobe Photoshop, After Effects and Premiere Pro software and a good awareness of how to edit for social platforms.
- Experience creating original graphics (both stills and animated) for use on social media platforms and experience of editing short-form video content optimised for social audiences.
- Demonstrates a passion for social media and drama content and a good awareness of the wider industry landscape and trends.
- A self-starter who contributes original creative ideas and supports the team in developing new ideas and winning new business.
Assistant Content Producer, Digital Drama
Full time, fixed-term contract or attachment
Contract length: 3 months
For this role / Ar gyfer y swydd yma:
(d) Welsh language skills are not necessary / Nid yw sgiliau yn yr iaith Gymraeg yn angenrheidiol
Applications may be submitted in Welsh, and an application submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English. / Mae modd cyflwyno ceisiadau yn Gymraeg, ac ni fydd cais a gyflwynir yn Gymraeg yn cael ei drin yn llai ffafriol na chais a gyflwynir yn Saesneg.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are very important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC recognises that flexible working can benefit both the employee and the BBC as it can create a range of employment opportunities to suit both changing operational needs and the needs of individuals. We will, therefore, consider flexible working requests for this vacancy. Please include detail of the proposed arrangement in your application.
Our culture embraces people’s diverse perspectives and creates a positive environment where everyone belongs. At the BBC we are committed to reflecting and representing the diversity of the UK.
The BBC is committed to redeploying employees seeking suitable alternative employment within the BBC for different reasons and they will be given priority consideration ahead of other applicants. Priority consideration means for those employees seeking redeployment their application will be considered alongside anyone else at risk of redundancy, prior to any individuals being considered who are not at risk.