Assistant Editor, BBC Essex
BBC Essex is looking for a visionary Assistant Editor to help the station achieve its full potential. This is a senior role, involving deputising for the editor, leading teams and creating high impact programming
- Supporting and deputising for the editor at senior level
- Managing HR, recruitment and team issues
- Strategy for BBC Essex programming
- Outside broadcast and campaign management
- Line managing and feedback
Are you the right candidate?
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in managing and leading teams and making creative programming. They will be a strategic thinker who understands the Essex broadcast area and some of the opportunities and challenges facing us in the future. They'll also have the capacity to inspire teams and individuals to do their best work. They will understand both the BBC local radio strategy and the BBC Essex approach and be able to communicate it persuasively to teams and individuals.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of the application process, you are asked to write a strategy document referring to the BBC Essex broadcast area. You will find more detail in the questionnaire.
For more information, contact Lou Birt, Editor on email@example.com
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here