Assistant Producer (Teacher Engagement) BBC Teach, BBC Education
BBC Education is central to fulfilling the BBC's mission to inform, educate and entertain.
Our aim is to transform lives through education by:
- Providing every child in the UK with a personalised learning experience through BBC Bitesize
- Supporting & inspiring classroom learning with world-class, curriculum linked programming through BBC Teach .
- Addressing societal and educational deficits within the UK through campaigns such as BBC micro:bit and Super Movers a partnership between the BBC and the Premier League.
BBC Teach is looking for an Assistant Producer to help deliver its teacher engagement programme, primarily via social media, but also using face-to-face events. In the past year, we’ve trebled our followings on Facebook and Twitter, driving thousands of extra users to bbc.co.uk/teach. We’re looking for someone with experience and flair to make the most of BBC Teach’s exciting new content and to optimise the opportunities for promoting our existing content. Growing the following for our new Instagram account will also be a key part of the role. The AP will also be organising and delivering face-to-face engagement with teachers at events such as education conferences.
Are you the right candidate?
You will have experience of promoting digital content via a range of channels, and be able to demonstrate a track record of successfully engaging a target audience. You will have experience of using social media professionally, and of optimising content for different platforms, particularly Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Any experience of face-to-face engagement at events and conferences would also be advantageous.
You will ideally have an excellent knowledge of the education sector and the needs of teachers, as well as of online teaching communities and opportunities for engaging with these. Alternatively, you will be able to demonstrate another sector which you have rapidly built a knowledge of, and whose online communities you have proactively engaged with to promote content.
Contract type: 1 x 3 month fixed-term contract / attachment
Location: MediaCityUK, Salford
Ideal start date: 9th September 2019 or earlier
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here