Assistant Producer of Creative Content
Globally, BBC Worldwide takes a lead role in developing premium content for audiences through a strong slate of programmes, leveraging deeper producer relationships, and by pursuing a more creative approach to deal-making. Were looking for people to join the team who can help us to maximise the return from our content relationships through access to programmes and creation of new IP, exposure to growth businesses, and ever-closer partnering.
The Creative Executive is responsible for creating innovative and trend-setting marketing content across a number of platforms including
Scope & Impact
The role sits within the Factual Entertainment, Entertainment & Formats (FEEF) team, which is part of the Content division. It reports to the Head of Creative Network, and will also work closely with the Marketing & Creative Manager, International Formats.
The role will work to increase awareness of BBC Worldwides established and emerging Factual Entertainment, Entertainment and Format global brands.
- Create bespoke pitch materials for new and continuing Factual Entertainment, Entertainment & Formats titles to support the global sales teams, including brochures and presentations
- Produce presentations for external and internal sales briefings and pitches
- Assist the Head of Creative Networks with the production of promos and video content, creating paper edits, rough cuts, over seeing edits and script writing.
- Working closely with the Flying Producers on shaping the content of production pitch meetings, filming and editing where appropriate
- Support FEEF events throughout the year and at the global markets, contributing ideas, producing presentations and filming
- Assist Creative and Marketing Manager with external and internal facing comms initiatives, including copywriting for articles, newsletters and social media content
- Assist with the production of the annual Formats catalogue and brochures, including liaising with the creative team, writing programme synopses
- Act as right hand person to the Creative and Marketing Manager, supporting creative projects and the brand development of new and established Factual Entertainment and Entertainment Formats
Regular daily contact with Head of Creative Network, the Creative and Marketing Manager and the Marketing Co-ordinator.
Develop strong working relationships with the International Flying Producers, the FEEF and the Format sales teams to ensure a first class service is delivered to our clients both internally and externally
Develop strong working relationships across the business including with the Creative Services, Comms, Research and Insights team.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge & Skills
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint
- Highly creative with technical skills and the ability to initiate and develop ideas
- Strong editorial and writing skills
- Digitally savvy, with social media and communications skills
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive, well-organised and adept at working on own initiative while dealing with a heavy workload
- Excellent communication skills
- A can-do attitude
- Understanding of production and the global TV market
- A committed, collaborative team player
- Self-shooting skills on fixed lens cameras, such as FS7, A7S, C300 and 5D
- Experience of the Adobe suite of products including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, After Effects and InDesign
- Experience of editing, making promos or short films and sound mixing
- Experience of working in a TV, media or content environment