Assistant Producers, Social Media, Radio 1
We’re looking for two strategic, ambitious and creative individuals to support social media for our number one youth radio network, BBC Radio
As this role sits within the newly formed social media team in Radio HQ you should also expect to work across our sister stations, 1Xtra & Asian Network from time to time.
Radio 1, 1Xtra and Asian Network are fast paced radio networks with a focus on appealing to youth audiences – not only through live radio, but in social spaces such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr and Musical.ly.
The Assistant Social Media Producers will support the existing social team with the creation and curation of social content that connects with young audiences across all three networks.
Your challenge will be to create and curate engaging social media content that brings our radio output to life and gives young audiences unique access to the biggest stars in the world and the some of the most exciting music moments across the year.
You will work with our social media producers, marketing teams, digital production teams, radio production teams, DJs and the stars that visit our studios on a daily basis to support huge social campaigns and moments.
- Support the vision, tone and content schedule for Radio 1’s social channels
- Work with in house BBC and 3rd party digital production teams and agencies to deliver digital/social assets
- Demonstrate a great understanding of different social platforms and formats, best practice, and styles/approaches that lead to successful digital content
- Have good knowledge of how to use audio and video to communicate to youth audiences – including creating these content types yourself.
Are you the right candidate?
You will need to demonstrate the following:
- A track record of working in social media – preferably within the music, radio or entertainment industry
- Experience authoring social media accounts, channels, and pages.
- A huge, demonstrable passion for Radio 1 and our output
- Experienced in creating content for different social platforms – including Stories, live video, GIFs and video content.
2 x 12 month attachments/fixed term contracts
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all individuals. And we promote flexible working opportunities where operational needs allow.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here