The Global Partnerships team performs multiple functions to drive business development efforts at BBC Media Action. It cultivates and nurtures central relationships with key institutional funders and partners; leads the development of multi-regional and global funding applications and bids including frameworks and strategic opportunities; provides targeted support to country-specific business development efforts; and furnishes the organisation with donor intelligence, tools and resources to support country teams to conduct business development.
- Working closely with the Senior Partnerships Manager, ensure that relevant teams have access to concise, pertinent and timely information on donors and funding opportunities.
- Provide support, including bid coordination, to proposal submissions and funding agreement negotiations as required.
- Work with the Team Assistant to coordinate the collation of organisational documentation necessary to comply with donor requirements at bid stage and support the development of organisational tools and records to manage this.
- Oversee the Team Assistant in ensuring that organisational records and donor registrations on donor portals/websites are kept up to date.
- Develop internally and externally facing business development resources, including print, audio/visual and online materials.
- Support the Global Partnerships team to gather business development intelligence, identify and contribute ideas to develop funding opportunities and to cultivate new funders and partners that fit the organisational strategy.
- Field/respond to questions and requests from teams across the organisation, including country offices, related to business development.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in the international development sector.
- Experience of supporting work to secure new business, including identifying and engaging with potential donors and contributing to project design and writing proposals.
- Experience of developing communication materials for internal and external audiences.
- Experience of developing proposals, securing new business from and reporting to donors (e.g. the European Union, USAID, FCDO or others) with an understanding of evaluation frameworks.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills. Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and diplomatic skills, able to build trusting, productive relationships with contacts inside and outside the organization.
Contract type: Permanent
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here