Our award-winning continuing dramas bring audiences together week after week. From EastEnders, Doctors, Holby City and Casualty to River City and Pobol y Cwm, our programmes remain a constant source of gripping entertainment, featuring cliff-hanger storylines and much-loved characters with whom our viewers have grown up.
We constantly find ways to innovate and keep our titles fresh - from live broadcasts to feature-length episodes, we strive to push creative and technical boundaries. Our continuing dramas are also a powerhouse of diverse new creative talent where we develop the next generation of writers, directors and actors that represent the best of British creativity.
As part of a highly creative production team, the Assistant Script Editor will provide support to the Script Department and advise on all continuity related issues, giving clear and concise notes. You will also provide support to the Script Producer as necessary.
Throughout the production your role will be to ensure that all episodes are checked for continuity and to advise Script Editors accordingly, ensuring the consistent treatment of established characters within storylines and episodes.
A Scripted Production Office is a constantly changing environment. The postholder will need the ability to adopt a flexible approach, manage a variable workload and adapt to the different working styles of colleagues.
The Ideal Candidate
- An informed interest in television drama production, with a demonstrable passion for Scripted Productions
- Knowledge of the secretarial and administrative support required in television production
- Proven experience working in a demanding office environment
- Experience of script reading and writing script reports with an ability to demonstrate sound editorial judgement and sensitivity, both verbally and on paper
- Proficient in using a variety of IT software, including Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat. Ideally a minimum typing speed of 50wpm
- Experience of establishing and maintaining office, filing and administration systems, and the ability to communicate information effectively
- Experience of handling confidential and commercially sensitive information with tact and sensitivity
- Sound command of English and the ability to format the layout of paperwork appropriately
NB - This is a pool and does not guarantee an offer of work
Role: Assistant Script Editor Talent Pool
Location: Various UK – London, Cardiff, Birmingham and Glasgow
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us on email@example.com with ref: BBC/TP/224227/54693 in the subject.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here