Assistant Social Producer
We are looking for an ambitious and creative social content Assistant Producer.
BBC Body Positive is a digital first, primarily social initiative, with content spread across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. The target audience are 16-21 year olds, inclusive of gender, but with a focus on young women. You’ll be creating daily content to help us engage with young audiences digitally on all subjects surrounding health, wellbeing and other issues our audience face.
Updating and maintaining the weekly social media content calendar with copy and images.
Creating visual assets to accompany the daily content for Instagram, Twitter and Facebook, including graphic design of visuals and writing all accompanying copy.
Occasional shooting/editing of original video content for the social channels.
On-going monitoring of the BBC Body Positive social accounts to engage with the audience, including responding to all comments within 24 hours and flagging any comments or issues that might arise that need further communication.
On-going tracking of Body Positive conversations, themes and trends across the internet to identify topics we should be covering and influencers and individuals we’d like to work with.
Suggesting content ideas for the different social platforms.
Are you the right candidate?
The Assistant Producer will play a key part in developing and delivering the new BBC Body Positive’s social media offering as part of our social and editorial team. Our Assistant Producer will deliver highly creative, reactive and accurate social media content while working to tight deadlines.
- They will play an essential role in the development of BBC Body Positive’s media plans; creating and curating content, including the maintenance of key social media accounts and overseeing a small team of community managers.
- They’ll be expected to think beyond words - including the best use of imagery, graphics and video. They'll have knowledge of how we can maximise our impact natively on social media – from Moments, Stories and Lives to increasing engagement. You will be able to adopt the right tone of voice and be able to respond to situations and conversations for a younger audience.
- The successful candidate will have a full understanding of what Body Positivity means as well as a passion for developing and distributing new and innovative content to the target audience. Knowledge and appreciation of the digital industry is essential. You will also have experience of planning and executing social media campaigns as well as experience of monitoring social media channels.
- Well-versed in graphic design including proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator and other relevant social design tools.
- Strong social copy writing skills, with particular relevant experience writing for a young audience (16-25)
- Demonstrable experience of Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and a clear awareness of how they are currently used to engage young audiences.
- Working knowledge of other social media platforms and how they engage our core audience and attract emerging audiences.
- Experience of social media community management and growing an online community.
- A strong interest and knowledge of health, wellbeing and social issues.
6 Month Fixed Term Contract/Attachment
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.