Associate Director, Production and Delivery, StoryWorks
BBC StoryWorks is the BBC’s global branded content division. We build on the BBC’s award-winning expertise in creating compelling film and video, thought-provoking written journalism, and innovative digital content that is on the pulse of what matters, and our instinctive ability to seek out stories that capture audiences’ attention and inspire people across the globe.
Our team works with commercial partners to create engaging and innovative content campaigns designed with the BBC's global audience in mind. Our custom content solutions amplify advertisers’ key messaging strategies while focusing on authentic, human-centric storytelling. In addition, we enable sponsorships of our world-class editorial output across passion-driven BBC.com brands including BBC Worklife, BBC Culture, BBC Future, BBC Travel, BBC Sport, and Top Gear, creating an alignment for our partners with the BBC’s trusted editorial voice.
The Associate Director, Production & Delivery for BBC StoryWorks Americas will oversee the areas of campaign management, production, delivery and distribution/performance optimization for all content partnerships in North and South America. This role will provide managerial support and mentorship to a skilled team of project managers, campaign analysts and project coordinators, all while ensuring best-in-class execution and distribution of large-scale multi-platform content programs for our partners.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned expert in efficient production and project management within the digital publishing and/or creative agency fields, with proven experience managing and motivating a team. We’re looking for someone with a knack for client relationship building, a strong analytics background with expert knowledge of impactful promotion and distribution tactics, excellent communication and presentation skills, and a passion for producing high quality digital content that successfully engages audiences around the world.
- Provide strategic operational leadership and mentorship to a team of project managers, campaign optimization analysts and project coordinators, fostering growth and development for all team members.
- Oversee flow of all post-sale operations (client relationship management, program management, production, distribution, performance optimization) across the BBC StoryWorks Americas content studio, including budget management and resource allocation.
- Serve as senior client-facing contact for large-scale partnership programs, ensuring all deliverables are on brand, on track, and within scope.
- Manage partnerships with independent creative contributors and vendors (videographers, illustrators, directors, etc.).
- Consult with content strategists, sales, and product teams on product availability, solutions and best practices during creative ideation and pitch phase of programs.
Collaborate with cross-functional regional departments and global counterparts to identify areas for strategic growth and improvement that will ensure market success across the areas of production, campaign analytics, optimization, and distribution.
Are you the right candidate?
- Minimum 10+ years experience in digital content operations and production, including time at a digital publisher or branded content studio.
- Minimum 3+ years managerial experience.
- Strong client relationship management background.
- Expertise in the production and distribution of innovative digital storytelling products and platforms (including video, podcasts, Interactive digital sites, AR, VR, voice UI, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of social media promotional strategies and other digital distribution tactics and ad networks.
- Strong understanding of analytics tools and ad-serving technologies (such as Omniture, Google Analytics, Moat, IAS, Google Ad Manager, TripleLift, etc.)
- An ability to work quickly in a high-pressure environment.
- A great sense of humor, self-motivation, and the ability to positively motivate a team of skilled professionals.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here