***You must be legally authorized to work in the United States in order to be considered for this role.
BBC StoryWorks is the commercial content studio of BBC Global News. We build on the BBC’s award-winning expertise in creating compelling film and video, thought-provoking written journalism, and innovative digital content, and our instinctive ability to seek out stories that capture audiences’ attention and inspire people across the globe.
Our team works with commercial partners to create engaging and compelling content campaigns designed with the BBC's desirable American and global audience in mind. Our custom content solutions amplify advertisers’ key messaging strategies while aligning with passion-driven BBC.com brands including BBC Worklife, BBC Culture, BBC Future, BBC Travel, BBC Sport, and Top Gear. In addition, we enable sponsorships of our world-class editorial output, creating an alignment for our partners with the BBC’s trusted editorial voice.
The Associate Director, Project Management & Operations for BBC StoryWorks Americas is a senior role that will oversee the project management, delivery, and optimization of all content partnerships in North and South America. This role will provide managerial support and mentorship to a skilled team of project managers, all the while ensuring best-in-class execution and distribution of large-scale multi-platform content programs for our partners.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned expert in efficient digital production and project management within the publishing and/or creative agency fields, with a minimum 3 years proven experience managing and motivating a team. We’re looking for someone with a knack for client relationship building, a strong analytics background, excellent communication and presentation skills, and impeccable attention to detail, with a passion for shepherding high quality digital programs that successfully engage audiences around the world.
- Manage and mentor a team of skilled project managers, fostering growth and development for all team members.
- Oversee flow of post-sale operations (client relationship management, program management, digital production, distribution on and off the BBC platform, performance optimization) across the BBC StoryWorks Americas content studio.
- Develop recommendations for improved internal and external processes to ensure market success of all content program deliverables.
The Ideal Candidate
- Extensive (5+ years) experience in digital content operations and production, including time at a digital publisher or branded content studio.
- Minimum 3+ years managerial experience
- Strong client relationship management background a plus
- Expertise in the production and distribution of innovative digital storytelling products and platforms
- Strong knowledge of social media promotional strategies and other digital distribution tactics and ad networks
- Strong understanding of analytics tools and ad-serving technologies (such as Google Analytics, Moat, IAS, Google Ad Manager, TripleLift, etc.)
- An ability to work quickly in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- A great sense of humor, self-motivation, and the ability to positively motivate a team of skilled professionals
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here