We are recruiting for an Audience Research Executive for BBC England, based in Salford.
This role sits within News, Nations and Sport Audiences, a team covering the core disciplines of the BBC News Group Division, BBC Nations Division and BBC Sport team. The main focus of this role will be looking at the BBC’s performance and strategy across England as well as content produced by the England division, such as Regional TV news, Local Radio and News online, but the successful candidate will be expected to support elsewhere across the team when asked.
The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Taking responsibility for the regular reporting of key audience data for English Regions content across all platforms, with a particular focus on digital and social media content
- To undertake or contribute to ad-hoc programme reviews and research projects, and take responsibility for sharing key findings, including via presentations
- Responding to ad-hoc stakeholder queries in an appropriate, timely and accurate manner
- Support with the administration and running of Virtual In Person sessions for England, with a particular focus on sessions for local radio stakeholders.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have a strong background in audience research coupled with a good understanding of ATI, social media analytics (particularly Facebook Insights and Twitter Analytics), BARB and Rajar data analysis and qualitative and quantitative research methods. You will be able to communicate effectively with stakeholders of varying seniority both in writing and in person and will have strong analytical and numerical skills to produce actionable insight.
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Salford - Bridge House
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here