We are seeking an Audience Research Manager in our Children's & Education team. This is a 12 month attachment covering maternity leave, and is based in Salford.
The BBC Children's & Education Audience team, based at MediaCity in Salford, brings to life the BBC's core value that Audiences are at the heart of everything we do. Our team delivers audience insight and analysis to inform strategic, creative and tactical decision making within the BBC Children’s & Education department, including its TV Channels, CBeebies and CBBC and its digital portfolio including its flagship Education website BBC Bitesize.
Please note - this is a hybrid role and typically you would need to be in the office 2 days per week. We also offer flexible working hours.
Reporting into the Head of Audiences for Children’s and Education, you will work to support stakeholders across BBC Bitesize, BBC Food and also the campaigns team, which includes campaigns such as Tiny Happy People. You will also have line manager responsibility for the Senior Audience Research Executive in Education. Experience of using ATI and an understanding of website analytics is important.
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of market and audience research techniques gained through experience of market research.
- Good quantitative analytical skills, particularly working creatively with existing data sources/large data sets.
- IT skills – able to manipulate spreadsheets and analytical tools and software. Familiarity with appropriate applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Tableau.
- Connects people, ideas, processes and issues. Shares knowledge, ideas and skills across the organisation.
- Able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Can prioritise and plan activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines and resources.
Contract Type: 12 Month Fixed-Term Contract / Attachment
Location: Salford - Bridge House
- Flexible / hybrid working - opportunities across the business
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here