BBC Media Action is the BBCs international charity, which uses media and communications to help reduce poverty and support people to understand their rights. We do this through partnering with civil society, media and others to produce creative programming and other content which informs and engages audiences. We also strengthen local media by building professional capacity and infrastructure in countries where we work. We focus on health, governance and rights, and resilience and humanitarian response. As Auditor, you will be responsible in assisting the Assurance and Risk Manager in overseeing internal control, risk management, and compliance across Media Action.
This position will need you to perform audits of country offices, both assisting the Assurance and Risk Manager, and as lead auditor. You will need to travel (typically 12-16 weeks a year) some of which will be at short notice. Youll also perform reviews of key central systems, build capacity of staff at different levels in relation to risk management, internal controls, donor compliance, and other relevant control areas including: London Finance staff, overseas Finance staff, Country Directors and London based programme staff. This role will expect you to assist with maintaining a follow up process for addressing recommendations previously made to management, recommend improvements and support the updating of the Media Actions key policies and processes.
Are you the right candidate?
To be successful in this role you will need to have the following skills and experience:-
- Significant auditing experience, including review of General IT Controls and Internal Audit experience.
- Proven experience of working within a organisations of a comparable size or complexity to the BBC.
- A proven track record in quickly acquiring new knowledge and skills.
- Possess an appropriate combination of technical expertise in fields such as auditing, finance, operations, or investigations
- Ability to observe and understand business processes ensuring processes are documented completely and accurately.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a wide range of groups and individuals.
- Good judgement, with the willingness and ability to take the initiative in identifying problems and in suggesting and implementing solutions. In short: nous.
- Qualified accountant or qualified by experience in carrying out a comparable role. That role might be one outside of audit or finance, but which has comparable behaviours e.g. an experienced grants manager.
- Excellent drafting, and reviewing skills.
Grade: 8 Proposed Band D
Job share and part-time applications are welcome for this role. Please include detail of the proposed arrangement in your application.
About the BBC
We dont focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. Youll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background
The BBC is currently implementing a Career Path Framework which will result in employees being aligned to generic job titles and job descriptions. Consequently, successful applicants may be realigned to a slightly different job title shortly after joining the BBC.