BBC Comedy - Department Coordinator
Aim of the Job
To providecomprehensive administrative support to the BBC Comedy Television and Radio team including the provision of high standard support to the Head of Comedy and Senior Managers.Toact as a key point of contact for external queries, co-ordinating projects and activities and managing the departments award submissions.
- To provide secretarial and administrative support to 3 senior managers, including complex diary management.
- To research, collate, compile and organise Award submissions for Comedy in a timely manner
- To act as the first point of contract within the department, liaising with senior level internal and external contacts.
- Provide operational support to the broader team eg circulation of online edits to commissioners
- To manage and organise meetings and events; booking rooms/venues, preparing agendas, taking minutes, collating and distributing them afterwards.
- Liaison with agents, talent and third parties as directed by management.
- Coordinate logistics such as travel, accommodation, hotels and hospitality in line with BBC expenses policy.
The Ideal Candidate
Essential Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrable experience as a high functioning PA working in a demanding work environment to multiple principals.
- Significant experience managing complex, constantly changing diaries.
- An interest in comedy, and television/radio production. A willingness to learn about the programmes we make across TV and radio is essential.
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to use initiative and respond flexibly to changing and conflicting priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, confident working with a large team from entry level staff up to senior BBC executives.
- Understanding of key production deadlines and why they are important.
- Ability to work autonomously and prioritise work load and deadlines.
- Experience of handling often highly confidential information with tact and sensitivity.
- Ability to present a professional and positive image at all times.
- To comply with all relevant BBC Safety Rules, procedures and guidelines. To be fully aware of the Health and Safety responsibilities of this job role as stated in the departments Health and Safety Policy.
- To comply with the BBCs policies on Diversity and to apply the principles of the policy when carrying out the role.
- To be a role model for the BBC Values
BBC Studios Comedy the biggest producer of comedy in the UK and prides itself on working with the very best in comedy talent - established and new - both on and behind the microphone or screen. Its responsible for some of the country's most-watched and most-listened-to comedies across radio, online, all four BBC TV channels. Since the establishment of BBC Studios, we have beendeveloping and producing scripted comedy for 3rd party UK broadcasters and international SVOD companies with the first being the Neil Gaiman adaptation of his and Terry Pratchetts book Good Omens.
About the Company
We dont focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are very important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. Youll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.