If you want a career at the BBC, if you’re passionate about making exciting, new content for TV and Radio, or if you want your ideas to contribute to changing the BBC’s digital landscape, then there’s no better place to start turning that dream into a reality than through gaining a place on the BBC Production Apprentice Scheme.
Offering more opportunities than ever before, the 2016 Production Apprentice Scheme is looking for applications from talented, creative people with fresh, new perspectives and ideas to join our programme-making and multi-platform teams.
We want our new-joiners to help us ensure that the BBC continues to create outstanding diverse content for TV, Radio and through our Online content, so we would like to hear from you, no matter what your story or life experience. It's not about where you are from, it's about where you are going.
If you have a passion for producing brilliant content, and are serious about a career in the media, then this really is a great opportunity for you.
Production Apprenticeship (Level 3)
The BBC Academy is working with a London college to develop best-in-class courses to give apprentices a world-class foundation in Production. This is a year-long programme where you will get to work on a range of content in the BBC, while studying towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship.
Providing an excellent practical understanding of Television, Radio and Online production processes, this apprenticeship will equip you with knowledge and experience that will place you well for applying for future production contracts.
The Ideal Candidate
What do you need to be a great BBC Production Apprentice?
We will be looking for people who :
- Are passionate about wanting to produce content for TV, Radio and online – whether that’s in a Creative, Production Management or Craft Skills role
- Will offer a new perspective to the BBC that will help us reflect our audiences better
- Have a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude and are prepared to work unpredictable hours
- To be eligible for this scheme you must be aged 18 or over and not have or be working towards a qualification higher than a level 3 or A level (including HND, level 4 BTEC, degree etc) by the time course starts in September 2016.
- No qualifications are needed – we are much more interested in your attitude, potential and creativity.
About the Company
We don’t just focus on what we do – we also care how we do it and how we treat each other and our audiences. Strong team working is highly valued as is a commitment to shared goals. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.