BBC Scotland Apprenticeships
If you want a career at the BBC, if you’re passionate about making exciting, new content for TV, Radio or Online, or if you want your ideas to contribute to changing the BBC’s digital landscape, then there’s no better place to start turning that dream into a reality than through gaining a place on the BBC Scotland Apprentice Scheme. BBC Scotland Apprentices will be based in Glasgow and work across various departments throughout the year making TV, Radio and online content for all kinds of output and programmes.
If you have a passion for producing brilliant content, keen to learn the production process and are serious about a career in the media, then the BBC Scotland Apprenticeship scheme really is a great opportunity for you.
We are looking for 10 people to offer the chance to work with BBC professionals on Radio, TV and Online content across a range of departments such as Sport, Children’s, Learning and News. You will gain on-the-job experience along with BBC training whilst studying at Glasgow Kelvin College, which will all add up to the skills and knowledge you need to achieve a Creative & Digital Media Apprenticeship at Level 3.
Are you the right candidate?
To be a great Apprentice you need to have a combination of the following:-
- Knowledge of BBC content and programmes on all media, with an interest in the BBC and the wider media industry.
- A passion for, or interest in, making and creating content – in a practical way or through developing ideas.
- Punctual and responsible with good organisational, prioritisation and practical skills.
- Experienced in prioritising and organising your workload effectively within a constantly changing environment.
- Good IT skills with the ability to learn new systems, knowledge of Mircosoft Office is desired (training will be provided).
- Ability to understand and put into practice BBC policies on Health and Safety, and the values behind BBC programme making, for example treating people fairly and making sure we get our facts right
- Works well within a team and able to get on with many different types of people.
- Good numerical, written and spoken communication skills.
- Full of great, new ideas – able to solve problems and deliver to deadlines.
- You should be keen to learn and have the motivation, and ability, to combine work and study.
- Note: If you have, or are working towards, an HND or above, you are not eligible to apply for this scheme.)
You need to be hard working and committed to becoming a full time apprentice for a year, as well as being creative and motivated to gain work experience at the BBC. We do not expect you to have previous experience or qualifications; it’s you as a person we’re interested in!
Please follow the link below for FAQs in relation to the Scotland Apprenticeship scheme http://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/trainee-schemes-and-apprenticeships/production/scotland-apprenticeships-faqs
For more information on what is required for the role, see the job description below.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are very important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.