We have a rare opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join our experienced team and grow our post-production business. Reporting to the Commercial Director, this role will be responsible for exploring both B2B (i.e. selling capacity to other post-production houses) and B2C (i.e. selling services to end clients) opportunities. The role will initially be a 6month fixed term contract, with the possibility of being made permanent.
At BBC Studioworks we offer our clients world-class studios and post-production spaces, equip them with the right technology and engage the most dedicated and talented people in the industry to help them bring their ideas to life. We work with ITV, SKY, BBC, Channel 4, and many others. We have sites at Elstree and Television Centre in White City and we’re looking to grow. Our London facilities are home to some of the nation’s most-watched and loved television shows like Strictly Come Dancing, Saturday Night Takeaway, and EastEnders.
The aim is for the role to make an immediate impact, and so you will need to have a strong existing network within the post-production industry.
The role responsibilities will also include;
- Identifying, negotiating, and securing new post-production business
- Oversee and support the efficient and most cost-effective delivery of post-production services to clients
- Collaborate with the Post Production Supervisor to identify new technologies and new ways of working
- Proactive client feedback to better meet our client needs and support continuous improvement of our services
The Ideal Candidate
At BBC Studioworks, we seek people who are passionate about who we are and what we do.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have a proven record of sales and be adept at identifying and targeting new revenue streams.
You’ll be a collaborative communicator, creative problem solver, and have the ability to forge effective and long-term working relationships with clients. Possess the ability to negotiate with tough clients and understand the business drivers behind those negotiations and achieve the desired outcomes.
*see full JD attached.
Contract type: 6months FTC (possible extension)
Working pattern: Hybrid Working 2/3 days per week in the office
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org with ref: [CH ref] in the subject. We advertise all our roles on Evenbreak, the specialist job board for disabled candidates
- Flexible / agile working - opportunities across the business. We’re happy to discuss a formal flexible working pattern. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from under represented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background. We strive to be the best British content company in the world, attracting the best creative talents in the business, so that we can bring premium quality award-winning programmes, content and brands to the viewer no matter where they are.
The BBC Group has set out the first in a new series of bold steps to transform our programming and better represent the public we serve. We have the biggest financial investment to on-air inclusion in the industry, together with our existing commissioning budget, we are committed to throwing open our doors more widely than ever to diverse stories and diverse storytellers. Together with a diverse workforce we will accelerate the pace of change in increasing diversity and inclusion both on and off air
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please visit our website.