BI System Specialist
The Business Systems team in D+E Corporate & Commercial Systems is responsible for the design, development and support of the BBC’s enterprise wide/corporate systems including Finance, Procurement, Treasury, HR and Resource Scheduling. We work closely with our key stakeholders to understand their needs and then manage a range of projects to meet those needs.
- The BI Developer will report operationally to the BI Technical Lead and will be responsible for maintenance, development and administration of the data warehouse environment (BW 7.3/7.02/7.4/7.5, and BO 4.1/4.2) in line with the approved development plans, change requests and the operational service levels.
- The BI Developer will play a key role in advising users and satisfying their requirements relating to Data Structures and the delivery of Reporting and Business Intelligence services. A key focus of the role will be to manage business demand and work proactively with the business to maximise the value to the business from the management information and reporting. The BI Developer will proactively identify where existing systems can be enhanced and the data reporting environment improved.
- The BI Developer will take part in the implementation of new data warehouse solutions based on SAP BI and ABAP (Objects) and will support the maintenance and integrity of the BBC Business Analytics Offerings .
- The BI Developer must strive to uphold the integrity of the BBC Enterprise Data Model, the BBC finance master data hierarchies and the chart of accounts.
**Please refer to the Job Description for more information.**
Are you the right candidate?
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- Strong Data Analyst skills with experience gained from developing, implementing and operating large and business critical database environments.
- Sound understanding of system data controls, SAP-related segregation of duties and fraud and risk management requirements in a complex organisation.
- Knowledge of BW 7.3/7.02/7.4/7.5, Business Objects 4.1/4.2, BI 4.1/4,2 Dashboards, BI 4.1/4.2 OLAP Analysis, Analysis for Office tools, Web Intelligence, Lumira, SAP BW Query Designer, ABAP for BW
- Very strong analytical skills with a particular emphasis on understanding and transforming large volumes of complex data into valuable business information.
- Strong capability in working with end users and translating their business aspirations into very tangible data analysis and reporting solutions.
- Experience of working with BODS will be an advantage.
- Experience of working in an agile environment.
- Previous experience in the finance is advantageous.
- A strong understanding of Data Protection legislation and how it impacts access controls.
- A strong database knowledge gained working with technically advanced industry recognised database products of the scale and complexity of technologies such as DB2, Oracle, Microsoft-SQL etc.
- Experience of delivering services within an ITIL environment.
- Excellent customer skills especially with respect to verbal communications which are clear and understandable to users with relatively less technical and data analyst experience
- Information Technology degree, or equivalent professional qualification / experience
- Certifications in Business Intelligence products, including SAP certification is desirable
- ITIL qualified - ITIL Foundation minimum is desirable
- IT Professional certifications aligned to the role as identified within the Job Description
Contract type: Continuing
Location: London, White City
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here