***You must be legally authorized to work in the United States in order to be considered for this role.
As a member of the BBC Studios Americas Human Resources Team, the Benefits and Payroll Administrator will provide support to the BBC Studios employee base across the Americas with emphasis on payroll and benefit administration, maintenance of HR systems, and owning key employee processes.
- Collect, organize, and prepare payroll data changes and documentation for two bi-weekly payrolls across US and Canada in coordination with ADP.
- Review and follow up with employees and managers on the completion of staff timecards and the approval of time off requests.
- Enter employee data and payroll transactions. Review and approve change requests in ADP Workforce Now.
- Review new hire paperwork, initiate ADP new hire onboarding and provide employee training on the payroll system.
- Generate change and termination paperwork and notify necessary departments of all changes.
- Coordinate freelance payroll third-party payroll processing and invoicing.
- Prepare and submit post-payroll reporting requirements.
- Assist in clearing of accounting debits and credits from payroll transactions and taxation.
- Assist with employee and manager trainings on ADP usage as necessary.
- Train new hires on benefit offerings and online self-service enrollment through ADP.
- Follow up with employees who have a life change event and assist through the online benefit enrollments.
- Track and approve benefit enrollments, changes and terminations in ADP Workforce Now.
- Reconcile monthly benefit bills for invoice processing.
- Support the annual open enrollment process by tracking and reviewing all benefit enrollments.
- Assist with trainings as necessary.
General HR Administration:
- Maintain various HR reports.
- Raise POs for various payroll and benefit related costs.
- Answer employee inquiries and requests regarding payroll and benefits.
- Prepare and assist with internal and external audits.
- Work on ad hoc payroll & benefits projects and assignments.
- Reporting and general HR systems maintenance.
- Filing and maintaining payroll and employee documentation.
The Ideal Candidate
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree with at least one year of Human Resources experience, exposure to payroll and benefits is a plus.
- Must be highly proficient in MS Office – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with ADP Workforce Now and SAP is preferred.
- Must be process-oriented and a critical thinker. Will be a quick learner, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Must have exemplary attention to detail with initiative and follow through.
- Proven team player with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a strong work ethic to work independently with a desire to learn, grow and own projects/tasks.
- Must be self-motivated with a results-oriented approach to daily tasks and responsibilities.
- Tremendous sense of urgency and ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Excellent client service skills with the ability to develop and maintain business relationships.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here