BBC Studios is a global creative powerhouse for the development, production, and distribution of bold, British content. We produce over 2,500 hours of content per year, have offices in 22 markets globally, including seven production bases in the UK and production bases and partnerships in a further nine countries around the world. The business generates revenue of £1.4bn, returning around £200m profit to BBC Public Service each year. In the UK, BBC Studios enables audiences to enjoy their favourite BBC programmes and brands outside the licence fee-funded window on alternative platforms, through a range of partnerships, and in multiple formats, from products and magazines to events and experiences.
We have an opportunity to join the Scripted Drama genre as a Marketing Executive and support the commercial growth of our global brands. As the Brand & Marketing Executive, you will have oversight of Doctor Who and play an important role in the development of brand and marketing plans, tracking performance and delivering brand intel, managing key relationships and supporting strategic projects. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, you will be integral to the development and implementation of marketing and promotional strategies that will inform, educate and entertain audiences and consumers around the world.
The Scripted genre marketing team is responsible for driving brand awareness and demand for BBC Studios Scripted programming slates globally. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a vibrant team that will support the growth and development of your marketing career.
You will be responsible for developing campaign briefs to support Doctor Who and new and returning drama properties, delivering against strategic objectives (consumption, perception, brand) across multiple media and platforms.
Assist the Marketing Manager, Scripted, and Head of Marketing; working with key stakeholders to shape scripted brand and programme marketing campaigns.
As the Marketing Executive, you will oversee the delivery of multi-media campaigns and collateral as well as brand initiatives ensuring they are delivered within budget and to agreed timeframes. This will require you to collaborate with our international partners, digital, comms, creative and licensing teams, and all other essential stakeholders to build campaign calendars, deliver assets and distribute to our international teams, whilst also supporting regional campaigns. The role will include identifying KPIs and reviewing performance.
Act as a brand guardian for Doctor Who and other scripted titles, ensuring that all activity is in line with the brand guidelines and DNA. This also includes creating and maintaining world-class brand tool kits and guidelines.
You will act as the central point of knowledge and expertise for scripted brands; forge and manage key relationships with regional and commercial partners, divisions, and Public Service partners to ensure joined-up B2B and B2C global promotional plans.
The role works closely with stakeholders to manage content sales support on scripted titles. This includes producing pitch documents and decks, content sizzle reels and the coordination and oversight of BBC Studios Drama and Doctor Who ratings alerts.
The Ideal Candidate
At BBC Studios, we seek people who are passionate about who we are and what we do.
- You will have experience in brand marketing, ideally within the media or FMCG industry
- Experience in developing brands, working with partners, and developing marketing plans and campaigns
- An extremely well-organized person with project management skills and experience in managing multiple projects at the same time
- A creative eye - can read brand guidelines, verify and proactively suggest changes to Creative to achieve maximum impact
- General computing skills and very proficient in PowerPoint
- A proactive self-starter, able to take initiative, trustworthy, resourceful, and decisive in finding solutions
- Experience or natural affinity and passion for digital marketing and social media
- Passion and proven ability to innovate, try new things, and explore new ways of reaching our hardest to reach audiences
- A strong communicator with the ability to establish and manage senior stakeholders' relationships
- An effective collaborator, who listens and transparently shares information across the business
Location: TVC, London W12
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org with ref: [CH JOB REF] in the subject. We advertise all our roles on Evenbreak, the specialist job board for disabled candidates
- Flexible / agile working - opportunities across the business
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from under represented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background. We strive to be the best British content company in the world, attracting the best creative talents in the business, so that we can bring premium quality award-winning programmes, content and brands to the viewer no matter where they are.
The BBC Group has set out the first in a new series of bold steps to transform our programming and better represent the public we serve. We have the biggest financial investment to on-air inclusion in the industry, together with our existing commissioning budget, we are committed to throwing open our doors more widely than ever to diverse stories and diverse storytellers. Together with a diverse workforce we will accelerate the pace of change in increasing diversity and inclusion both on and off air
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please visit our website.