Broadcast Engineering Graduate Scheme
Are you due to finish or have already achieved a degree in a technology related subject?
Are you fascinated by technical systems and design and the way things fit together?
Do you love solving problems?
This is an exciting opportunity to train as a Broadcast Engineer with the BBC, while gaining a post graduate qualification.
This 22 month graduate scheme is aimed at growing the best creative technologists for broadcasting. You will be based at one of our BBC locations for all your work placements and will get the opportunity to spend periods away on study at University You’ll undertake work placements in the BBC’s engineering teams in order to gain an understanding of the systems involved in the production and broadcast of BBC output, and the diverse technologies that make this possible. You will work with project, product and technical teams in the planning, design, development, integration, commission and testing of broadcast systems.
You will be paid a salary by the BBC and on successful completion of the two years you will gain a Post Graduate Engineering degree. At the end of the scheme, it is likely that you will secure a position working in one of the job areas listed below. Your original location might change depending on where the vacancies occur. Starting base locations are likely to include Birmingham, Glasgow, Salford and London.
- Systems Engineering
- Project Engineering
- Software Engineering
Are you the right candidate?
Throughout the application process, you will be assessed on the following:
- Problem solving
- Practical application
- Time management
We will also want you to demonstrate that you:
- Hold an honours degree (at least a 2:1 or equivalent) in Electronics, Physics, Maths, Computer Science or a closely related subject, coupled with high level of logical and mathematical reasoning skills
- Bring a sound knowledge of audio, video and broadcasting principles and an understanding of the demands of a broadcasting environment
- Have a personal interest in the creative elements of broadcasting and technology
- Have the right to work in the UK
If you have a disability and would like your application to go through the Extend Hub you will be able to select this option when you apply.
- 17th December - Online application form closes
- 4th January - Candidates notified whether they are through to the video assessment stage
- 10th January - Deadline for candidates to complete video assessment
- 30th January - Candidates notified by this date whether they have been selected for an assessment day
- 4th February - Assessments held this week in Birmingham
Graduate roles will be available across the below locations - You will have the option to select a location preference in your application.
If you would like to apply for a placement in Cardiff, please click here: https://careerssearch.bbc.co.uk/jobs/job/Broadcast-Engineering-Graduate-Scheme-WALES/32151
Salary: £21,216 (or £25,776 if your graduate scheme is in London)
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all individuals. And we promote flexible working opportunities where operational needs allow. To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here