Business Analyst - BBC iPlayer - Mobile
This is a rare opportunity to work in a Business Analyst role for one of the UK’s most iconic brands, BBC iPlayer. This dynamic team’s mission is to be the future of BBC television setting ambitious goals over the next three years to double reach and quadruple viewing. This role will specifically be working in the native mobile apps team based in MediaCity, Salford.
You will you be working on amazing projects and cutting-edge technologies surrounded by a team of like-minded professionals from whom you can learn and grow.
- Research and interpret consumer usage and industry consumer trend data to contribute to the development of product solutions.
- Be at the forefront of emerging technologies and understand their relevance to the product, BBC and its diverse audience.
- Assist the product manager in defining the product goals and feature requirements.
- Collect, understand, own and communicate the requirements for products, projects, and features, translating these into user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Facilitate workshops including delivery and product teams to expose stories, identify acceptance criteria to identify a minimum viable product.
- Gather, analyse, and report on usage data to benchmark and measure the performance of the product against defined KPIs.
- Manage a product improvement backlog and work with delivery teams to keep it prioritised and up to date.
- Evaluate and investigate product solutions using a range of approaches, including researching competitor products and other BBC services.
- Work with the project manager & delivery team to size backlog items and ensure optimal flow through the delivery process.
- Collaboratively writing acceptance tests with the software development teams and test engineers, ensuring the delivered solution meets the requirements and agreed quality criteria.
- Collaborate with project managers and delivery teams to ensure the delivery of the products and new features to a high standard, and within agreed timescales and budget.
- Responsible for the product’s transition to ‘live’ environments, including capturing and monitoring audience feedback.
- Helping to shape and define team practices and processes to continually improve agile ways of working.
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong business analysis experience in a new media software delivery environment.
- Significant business analysis experience including designing and running workshops.
- Strong understanding and experience of business analysis skills, techniques, and practices including writing user stories, acceptance tests and documenting technical requirements.
- Experience communicating concepts and ideas to stakeholders at all levels within organisations, including oral and written presentations, proposals and reports.
- Experience working within multi-disciplinary teams delivering software projects within a variety of methodologies (particularly Agile)
- Proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organisation, and in a variety of contexts
- Ability to simplify complex problems into component parts and evaluate systematically
- Experience gathering, analysing and interpreting product usage data.
- Experience in providing relevant data in order to support product decisions based on evidence.
Grade 8 (Proposed Band D)
- Excellent career progression - The BBC offers great opportunities for ambitious individuals to seek new challenges and work on many different and varied products.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities - Our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- A vibrant digital community - We have a strong focus on continuous improvement and engineering excellence. We host regular talks from internal and external speakers, and provide generous opportunities to attend industry events and conferences.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more
About the Company
We dont focus simply on what we do, we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. Youll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.