Business Analyst - (International Radio)
The BBC have an exciting opportunity for an experience Business Analyst to join our Radio and Music Product team based in the heart of London.
As part of the World2020 investment from the Foreign Office, World Service English has received significant additional funding – and been set a target of reaching an extra 10.7 million people a week by 2020.
World Service English, and to a lesser extent radio News in other languages provided by World Service, is an anomaly within the BBC. Editorially, it is managed by News. Technically, it uses the products and platforms provided by Radio and Music for domestic output (for example, iPlayer radio on web and app, /programme pages etc).
The purpose of this role is to understand how R&M products, built initially for UK audiences, can be adapted or extended to support World Service. In part, this will entail thinking about how radio distribution on digital platforms can serve audiences in markets where internet access or affordability are barriers to consumption.
The role is funded by World 2020 programme and is based in R&M product, but will work closely with WS Editorial, WS digital development, Audiences and business development.
The key responsibilities for this role are as follows -
- Provide requirements process expertise to align products with BBC World Service strategy and objectives.
- Evaluate & incorporate into the requirements relevant user and audience research.
- Support Product Management in the development of business case and product strategy and direction.
- Validate requirements via data collection and analysis
- Provide significant contribution to Product Management team, in an impartial, facilitator and delivery focused capacity.
- Partner with stakeholders in World Service to define and develop product requirements that ensure the BBC’s products for Radio are relevant and competitive in international markets.
- To partner with architects and engineers to align requirements with appropriate technology and architecture.
- Provide competitor review and analysis, and other papers and presentations of data which contribute to the definition and evaluation of products.
- To be at the forefront of emerging technologies for digital distribution in developing markets, and how BBC can take advantage of them to grow its reach.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for this role will have skills and experience in the below -
- Strong business analysis experience in a new media software delivery environment.
- Strong experience using data to help make product decisions
- Significant business analysis experience in a variety of sectors, with focus on requirements gathering, data analysis, and business process analysis.
- Strong understanding and experience of business analysis skills, techniques, and practices.
- A good understanding of global digital audiences and the challenges faced by consumers in developing markets
- Experience communicating concepts and ideas to technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels within organisations, including oral and written presentations, proposals, specifications, and reports.
- Good understanding of the global market landscape for digital media products, including consumer attitudes and interaction.
Location - London
Contract type - 12-month FTC or attachment
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.